Elbow pain and fingers going numb

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Elbow pain and fingers going numb

Postby Floydian on January 25th, 2013, 10:19 am

When it started for me I had numb arms/hands every night. It's better now but I still have to sleep on my left side with my arms stretched along my body otherwise my arms are going numb. Regarding elbow pain, when I press my elbow muscles/joints it hurts a lot. During my fysio consults my therapist does deep muscle massages on those points which hurts bigtime !!
Floydian
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Syz on January 28th, 2013, 7:16 pm

My left pinky & half of my ring finger were asleep/tingling/numb for a more than a year in 2000-2001. It has come and gone since then and definitely gets worse as other symptoms escalate. I was diagnosed with neuropathy in the ulnar nerve via an EMG last August '12. Someone suggested surgery could be needed, but that is always optional and is strongly discouraged as this problem is little more than a nuisance, the surgery is invasive, and it has low success rates. As my other BFS symptoms go, so does the neuropathy in the pinky/ring fingers. I also get pain in the elbow like I was hit in the funny bone and it bruised. When I had major BFS flare up last March, I could feel ulnar nerve all the way up my arm into my armpit; it hurt to put on deodorant for about four weeks... This was on both sides of the body. I suspect I had damage to ulnar nerve prior to BFS, BFS just makes it worse as could be expected.
Syz
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management