unexplained weight loss now twitching everywhere help please

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

unexplained weight loss now twitching everywhere help please

Postby shaskai on January 25th, 2013, 9:34 pm

Back in August I started feeling very weak then I weighed 148 and within 2 months I dropped near twenty pounds, now past the twenty pound mark! I continued to feel weaker as time passed and then began twitching, first in my leg now it's everywhere! I have been tested for lyme and had tons of bloodwork all to come back normal, yesterday I had an MRI of the brain and an EMG and everything was normal there as well! I'm still losing weight and feeling weaker by the day and the twitching is all over my body non stop including my tongue! I have noticed increase in saliva and when I eat food gets stuck in my throat! My neurologist said it couldn't be ALS or I wouldn't have passed the strength test and the EMG would have showed something abnormal! However I have read personal stories of people with ALS that actually have had normal EMG in early stages so I am naturally very worried! If any of you have any advice or explanation as to what could be happening to me please reply to this post! I'm terrified! Is or could this really just be BFS?
<3SHASTA<3
shaskai

Re: unexplained weight loss now twitching everywhere help pl

Postby BFSBurger on January 25th, 2013, 10:56 pm

Been there.

Get up off the couch and begin a very careful, methodical, slowly increasing exercise regimen. If this is viral in nature, you will need to be very careful, but your weight loss and weakness and fatigue are being quadrupled by your inactivity. I also lost 20lbs and used that as my reason for why I had some underlying disease when talking to doctors. Turns out I was stressed beyond belief, and completely inactive. I hadn't gone to the gym in 2 months. The first times back were hell. But it was when i began exercising and juicing and watching my food intake (avoiding inflammatory foods) that things started improving. Quickly. I know that exercise seems impossible at this stage. But believe me - after some time, it will begin to change. The muscle pain and everything. Try ...
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby christo on January 26th, 2013, 3:54 am

Hello,

You will find on this board other members who did had weight loss at the beginning of their BFS. It seems it's often linked to anxiety. Do you have a worrying backgound, maybe GAD sufferer ? Anyway, if your neuro say you don't have ALS believe him, if he was not perfectly sure he would not be saying this.
christo
Hero
Hero

Postby shaskai on January 26th, 2013, 1:20 pm

Anyone else have any input? I'm scared to death, right now it feels like I have popcorn popping all throughout my legs!
<3SHASTA<3
shaskai

Postby Julie on January 26th, 2013, 1:52 pm

On the begining ive lost weight aswell, my anxiety was so high that i could'nt eat anything. And for the popcorn popping you should see my calves since i woke up it doesnt stop! We need to relax!
Julie

Postby Julie on January 26th, 2013, 1:52 pm

On the begining ive lost weight aswell, my anxiety was so high that i could'nt eat anything. And for the popcorn popping you should see my calves since i woke up it doesnt stop! We need to relax!
Julie

Postby aztwitchy on January 28th, 2013, 12:58 pm

got most of you beat...I lost 30lbs when mine was going heavy duty. Gained it all back as time has gone on...back to my normal weight.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management