New to forum - twitching question and a but nervous

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New to forum - twitching question and a but nervous

Postby JStanz on January 25th, 2013, 7:51 am

Hello eveyone,

I am new to this forum and to bfs. I started have twitchinv 4+ yrs ago (eye, eyebrow, upper, lower lips, leg, and neck). Not all at once but I would have a twitch for 2 weeks in one place and then it would stop for 2 months, then come back in the same spot or new place. I currently have a twich in by neck for the past 2 weeks, it went away for a week, and then here it is back again. I went to my GP and he told be it was aniexty. I also spoke to a neuro (online) and he told me that based on the amount of time I have been twitch (4 yrs) with no associated weekness that I should not even consider ALS. He then pointed me to your website.

Being that you folks are the experts in bfs, does this make sense? I have been reaching your website and it seems like weekness hits well before the twitching. And that twitching is usually not even seen or felt with Als.

Thanks,

Joe
JStanz

Re: New to forum - twitching question and a but nervous

Postby christo on January 25th, 2013, 8:23 am

Hello,

I must say that to me your twitches look normal, I mean not even BFS. Maybe caused by anxiety, maybe a low magnesium... Perfecly healthy people twitch with no defnite reason and this is not a cause for concerns. No need to say that with your 4 years history you can rest easy.
christo
Hero
Hero

Postby JStanz on January 25th, 2013, 8:26 am

Thank you for the feedback Christo. Have a great weekend.
JStanz

Postby Yuliasir on January 25th, 2013, 9:05 am

agree with Christo 100%
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby JStanz on January 25th, 2013, 4:18 pm

Ok, can perfectly normal twitching last for weeks or months at a time? Thanks for the advice.

Joe
JStanz

Postby Syz on January 28th, 2013, 7:33 pm

Some people twitch all their lives from anxiety. I have been twitching all over my body for several years now. My left triceps twitched for two months straight; non-stop in the same muscle! If you haven't done it yet, get blood work from doctor to check for imbalances such as low magnesium. Cut back on sugar, caffeine, and alcohol to see if that helps. Mostly, cut out any and all stress including the deep stuff like unforgiveness for stuff in your past.
Syz
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management