does the pain ever goes away?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

does the pain ever goes away?

Postby Manati02 on January 15th, 2013, 10:11 am

Hello i would like to know if anyone experiencing tha same pain symptoms as me i have almost 24/7 pain in my leg inner and calfs also sometimes spreads ankle also i have some hot spots on ribs and and my right bicep is sore when i press it or try to put some strength is this normal for bfs??
Manati02
Interested
Interested

Re: does the pain ever goes away?

Postby Yuliasir on January 15th, 2013, 12:25 pm

It may be common for fybromyalgia (pain> sore spots). Fybro is a part of our typical clinical picture (however not always)
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Manati02 on January 15th, 2013, 12:33 pm

but i am male i think fibro affects only women
Manati02
Interested
Interested

Postby Yuliasir on January 15th, 2013, 1:09 pm

nope, you are not right. men are about 1/3 of fybromyalgia cohort. And finally, seems like women appear to present that condition more often parlty because man sometimes are prone to address that condition to their overactive lifestyle, so stats are incomplete and now more and more men come in.

Check it with the doctor. it is not a pregancy which you practically never can have being a male. Men can have even breast cancer (do not worry please, few cases or so for the whole history of contemporary medicine), not saying about fibromyalgia.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby BFSBurger on January 15th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Manati -

If youre not already, please begin an exercise regimen. Please be careful. Very light weight. But hit all the muscle groups with at least one set. Then do treadmill ... maybe 5 minutes on an incline of 5.0 ...

Fibro is common in men as well. One of the few things which really helps with Fibro is exercise. You must keep moving.
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby Manati02 on January 15th, 2013, 4:55 pm

hmm u might be right because pain started 1-2 months after i stopped working out.
Manati02
Interested
Interested

Postby aztwitchy on January 15th, 2013, 11:29 pm

Manati...what is your previous background...what started your symptoms? do you remember anything specifically unique to the start of the pain? have you been to see a doctor?

hope your situation resolves. Fibro is more commonplace in men than many think....a buddy of mine has it but refuses to call it Fibromyalgia...i think he calls it Chronic Pain disorder though..
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby Manati02 on January 16th, 2013, 9:46 am

Well nothing spesific at first I was in pain my upper back and arms that pain has gone for now it comes only for like 5 mins a day then my lower back started to hurt and my hips now this also almost gone but the pain in my legs is here for 2 months and it does not go away especially in my inner never goes away and they are sore to touch.

I have been to so many doctors did everything spine brain mri blood works all clear also did Emg an basic neuro exam and finding we're normal except slight fasciculations and my neuro told me 99% bfs or something else more serious but not als or ms and these kind of stuff.but I am worried cause I am not sure if this pain(discomfort is bfs symptomp€.
Manati02
Interested
Interested

Postby BFSBurger on January 16th, 2013, 9:57 am

Manati02 wrote:hmm u might be right because pain started 1-2 months after i stopped working out.

So did mine. Exactly 2 months of mostly sedentary lifestyle. Worst thing I could have done.
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby Manati02 on January 16th, 2013, 9:57 am

Also one more question is als a moving disorder? cause this is the speciality of m neuro.
Manati02
Interested
Interested

Postby jerry2 on January 16th, 2013, 10:00 am

ALS is motor nerve disorder.

I also think I have fibromyalgia. Last month I developed painfull neck at the front and the pain never goes away, it is hard to cough, take down food etc... It was better for some 5 days in between, but most of the time my low front neck is so tender to touch I yell if I touch it :-(

Apart from twitching, tingling and other pain, I think this may be fibromyalgia. I don't care how many males get it, I seem to be one of them, because my clinical picture points to this direction.
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby skonen on January 18th, 2013, 3:11 am

If your case is at all like mine the pain will persist for about 4 months and then fade away. Mine is still present, but it's not nearly as bad as it was when I first became symptomatic. The majority of the time I forget it's there.
skonen

Postby Yuliasir on January 18th, 2013, 4:04 am

I also think I have fibromyalgia. Last month I developed painfull neck at the front and the pain never goes away, it is hard to cough, take down food etc... It was better for some 5 days in between, but most of the time my low front neck is so tender to touch I yell if I touch it

have about the same few weeks ago...left side neck and down to the ribs...wow really painful.

in my case it took 3 days to recover and I was applying my own homemade lavender spiritus on me (just becaue it smells good and makes some local anesthesia and local warming, do not think it hepled per se).

In case of front neck it is also worth to check thyroid, it may give some quite a pain in case of thyroididtis
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management