Joints Cracking & Popping

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Joints Cracking & Popping

Postby BFS-twitcher on January 9th, 2013, 11:54 pm

Over the last 2 months i notices my joints started to crack and pop more than usuall. I didn't think anything of it but it has since progressed and almost everytime I get up to move I hear multiple joint cracking and popping. Does anyone else experience this? Mine is getting excessive and am concerned for the longtime effects of this.

Last night I woke up to go to the bathroom and I all of a sudden have left ankle pain. Just strange!!!

Has anyone had this and has it subsided or gone away?

Your comments are appreciated!
BFS-twitcher

Re: Joints Cracking & Popping

Postby Yuliasir on January 10th, 2013, 12:07 am

I do have cracking in every joint and I have sudden pains in the ankles. In my case it is due to loose joints for sure. Once I had a sudden pain in the knee (when I was a child) - I think I had that one involuntary dislodgings with spontaneous improvement, just in unusual place.

As for whether it subsides... I noted that when I have something which looks like fybromyalgia flareup - pains etc., the crakcing is usually more prominent. or seems to be. But in fact I am cracking for lifelong.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby lcanela on January 10th, 2013, 3:02 am

i have had this many years before I started twiching, I guess it is related.
Do not worry! =)
lcanela

Postby chrissi on January 10th, 2013, 4:31 am

I have absolutely no clue WHY this happens with BFS. But it happens. In the beginnings I thought that it might be a coincidence, but the longer I talk to other twitchers, it seems that there's a link. Well...it is (/Can be part of BFS apparently. It is NOT part of any bad disease. I may sound like an 80 year old grandma when I move, but I CAN move like a 33 year old today (after that terrible stiffness went away), so I will just accept it.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby aztwitchy on January 10th, 2013, 5:55 pm

I get it too....my knees have never had issues and then once BFS reared its ugly head both my knees constantly pop and hurt. C'est la vie
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby G-Dog on January 11th, 2013, 10:34 am

I occasionally get periods where my joints crack and pop...usually in the mornings. Do you spend a lot of time sitting at desk or sedentary? Painless joint cracking is often harmless and is actually quite common even amongst the non-BFS'ers. I find movement is the best therapy...walking, swimming, etc. For me gentle rowing is brilliant for limbering up my joints and relaxing muscles, I live at the desk so strengthening back muscles also helps me to adopt a better posture and avoid mid back and neck aches.
G-Dog

Postby BFS-twitcher on January 13th, 2013, 12:47 am

Yes, once I start moving the cracking is less. However all of a sudden I have very weak ankles. It feels like my bones are brittle or something. Especially when going up a flight of stairs. I'm only 36 so It's a little unusual.
BFS-twitcher

Postby aztwitchy on January 13th, 2013, 10:28 pm

BFS-twitcher wrote:Yes, once I start moving the cracking is less. However all of a sudden I have very weak ankles. It feels like my bones are brittle or something. Especially when going up a flight of stairs. I'm only 36 so It's a little unusual.

same here with my knees...like i said before my BFS hit my knees and wrists were fine...since they always hurt.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management