BAM back again

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

BAM back again

Postby 6t5frlane on January 10th, 2013, 7:56 am

So until just before Christmas all was prettty well. Almost no Twitches and pain. Legs felt pretty darn good. Then...BAM. It always starts the same way. I get a sickly feeling with major fatique for about 2 days and then it begins. I had to walk a bunch yesterday and now my Calfs are killing me and twitching like mad. Constant calf ache. Sometimes I think it might be Viral or some kind of defientency.Hat this S&^%$#
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Re: BAM back again

Postby BFSBurger on January 10th, 2013, 9:09 am

Viral (or fungal, bacterial, yeast-al) reactivation. Even if its not in the herpesvirus family (not the cold sore ones), they are the hallmark for this kind of behavior. We can look to them and see how a virus can infect, cause really bad initial symptoms for weeks or months, go dormant, and reactivate months or years later - and many times in cycles of "every month" (very common for the cold sore versions of herpes virus family). Many of us have that cycle, and it abates or lengthens as time passes (also exactly like herpesvirus's behavior) .... Mono ... epstein barr .... CMV .... Norovirus ... there's a bunch. Most likely some we haven't identified yet.

Solution? Live life daily like you've got an infection that could reactivate, and don't shirk on the "take care of yourself" mentality.

For those of you who disagree on the pathogen aspect of this, I say this: You dont just go 40 years of life and suddenly come down (in a matter of days) with a condition out of thin air (many times after obvious flu-like symptoms) that lasts months and years, with no disease process being detected anywhere in any bloodwork or clinical test. If we needed more proof that this was pathogen related, I don't know what we'd need.

BFSB

(PS: Im only guessing here lol)
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby 6t5frlane on January 10th, 2013, 10:46 am

Thanks for the response. " Live like daily like you have an infection " Not sure what you mean. Antibiotics ?? Natural foods ? I do take Folate,fish oil, probiotocs.milk thistle.
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby 6t5frlane on January 10th, 2013, 10:47 am

I forgot to add that I have Rheumatoid Arthriris sionce 1989
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby aztwitchy on January 10th, 2013, 11:45 am

6t5frlane wrote:I forgot to add that I have Rheumatoid Arthriris sionce 1989

do the doctors not think that your RA could be flaring up and the cause?
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby 6t5frlane on January 10th, 2013, 12:43 pm

I asked my Dr about that and she said that RA does not cause these symptoms
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby 6t5frlane on February 17th, 2013, 10:24 am

Just fouund out I'm very low on Vitamin D.....Getting high doses now. Hopefully things will change
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby SuziQ on February 18th, 2013, 11:49 am

6t5frlane wrote:Just fouund out I'm very low on Vitamin D.....Getting high doses now. Hopefully things will change

I have a co-worker who was fasciculating like crazy and also tested low for Vitamin D. She got herself on a supplement and now her fascics are completely gone. So many things can cause these strange neuro symptoms. Like BFSB has written, mine was most definitely post-viral, but one never knows. Let us know how your body responds to the treatment.

Blessings,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby 6t5frlane on November 25th, 2013, 9:49 am

So around April this year it all began to go away again. Had a good summer. No twitching and legs were good. Thought it might be gone but as in times past BAM here we go again. This a roller coaster ride. Feet are cold,calfs /feet twwitching. Feel kinda sick/rundown,Feel a buzzing throughout...Man I just hate this. It all began in 2005 !!! I'm aware of the good news. That it's not %$#.
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby BFSBurger on November 25th, 2013, 11:59 am

6t5frlane wrote:Thanks for the response. " Live like daily like you have an infection " Not sure what you mean. Antibiotics ?? Natural foods ? I do take Folate,fish oil, probiotocs.milk thistle.

Sorry I wasn't more clear. I meant treat your body well, all around. Top to bottom. Sleep, activity, enjoyable experiences, time off, sitting in the park on a sunny day (literally) ... nutrition ...
Basically how we all kick our health regimen into gear when we start getting sick .... and really start taking care of ourselves.
Try to do that on a daily basis.
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby aztwitchy on November 25th, 2013, 3:32 pm

SuziQ wrote:
6t5frlane wrote:Just fouund out I'm very low on Vitamin D.....Getting high doses now. Hopefully things will change

I have a co-worker who was fasciculating like crazy and also tested low for Vitamin D. She got herself on a supplement and now her fascics are completely gone. So many things can cause these strange neuro symptoms. Like BFSB has written, mine was most definitely post-viral, but one never knows. Let us know how your body responds to the treatment.

Blessings,
Sue

interesting because i am the complete opposite....as soon as i start supplementing vitamin D my twitching goes crazy. if i stop it goes quiet.

go figure.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby muppetdog on November 29th, 2013, 10:30 pm

I'm still betting on autoimmunity of some sort, rather than re-occurring infection. Remitting relapsing pattern. That and I have had a couple neurologists and a couple immunologist hint towards it.
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby 6t5frlane on December 18th, 2013, 6:15 pm

Does anybody get the calf pain like your calf is enclosed with concrete/tight and a vaque feeling with strength there
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby muppetdog on December 18th, 2013, 7:03 pm

Yep.

Stretch, stretch, stretch. Hot epsom salts baths. Rest. Repeat.

That symptom sucks though.
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby 6t5frlane on December 19th, 2013, 1:03 pm

I'll give it a try but man this SH*%#$ hurts
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Sponsor