Amazing results with niacinimide

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Amazing results with niacinimide

Postby jerry2 on January 4th, 2013, 4:34 am

I have bought niacinamide 1000 mg and I am preparing to try it. But I read on the bottle that this is 5000% higher dose that I should be normally getting... Can I have some other side effects from such a dosage, does anybody know? Or is it relatively (I know everybody can have some adverse reaction to anything) safe to take such a dosage?
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby aztwitchy on January 4th, 2013, 12:36 pm

its water soluble so in theory you should just pass all the excess via urine. like vitamin C, I try to instead of taking 1000mg daily I would take 200mg throughout the day or find a time released formula (although more $$$)

I think 3g is thought to be the toxic dosage so you should avoid that.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby Scandinavian girl on January 4th, 2013, 2:07 pm

jerry: please let us know about your experieces with this.
By the way, how are you nowadays?
Scandinavian girl
Hero
Hero

Postby jerry2 on January 4th, 2013, 5:05 pm

Yes I read 3g is toxic. I have 1000mg (1g) time released formula one (it was expensive!). So I guess it is safe to take it, I took 500mg, I don't dare to take whole 1g before I test this.

I will of course let you know.

Scandinavian girl: If I would show some improvement, would I experiment with this B3? :;-)))))
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby TwitchingDuck on January 4th, 2013, 5:33 pm

I will go pick some up and let you all know if it helps.
TwitchingDuck

Postby aztwitchy on January 4th, 2013, 7:46 pm

has anyone also tried supplementing L-tryptophan in conjuction with B3? obviously I wouldn't do either if you are taking a SSRI
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby nate911 on January 5th, 2013, 10:22 pm

BFSBurger... the brand I bought (and the company I bought it from) can be found here: http://well.ca/products/swiss-natural-s ... 50347.html

Still experiencing decreased twitching and decreased anxiety! Again - not 100% cure but certainly I've seen a marked reduction without any signs of fading.

Nate
nate911

Postby jerry2 on January 9th, 2013, 9:33 am

I am taking this for 4 days and since yesterday I have tremendous increase in twitching, beyond my "usual" flare ups. My left thigh has 3 hotspots at the same time, this never happened to me before, to have one stop above the knee, one at the back and one at the front of the thigh ;-&

I have to read my prophecy I wrote 100 times this days to get it out of my head. I couldn't sleep, my leg is like twitching in a dead frog, I have twitches at other places also of course...

I am not saying it is from this niacianimide, but I will stop it for a while now... If it is not it has helped nothing but I understand 4 days is not enough time anyway.
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby BFSBurger on January 9th, 2013, 12:57 pm

Jerry - BFS is a strange creature! One week all my supplements REALLY helped me, and after two weeks taking them, I seemed to get a little worse. Then I stopped cold turkey and guess what? So did my BFS .... COMPLETELY!

So explain that one! Sometimes you start something and it helps. Then 2 weeks later you need to stop taking it for it to help. :)

I think how you are doing on a monthly basis - on the aggregate is what matters.

Original Poster: I am seeing amazing success right now with my regimen. So I am going to hold off on the Nian .... but ill keep it in my *beep* (wow i wrote a r s e n a l and it beeped it. No im not keeping it in my A R S E) if this stops working. All this researching and reading and learning has gotten me to a fine-tuned daily regimen of food and nutrient intake. I have finally gotten to the point where I am controlling my BFS - it is not doing whatever it wants. I can initiate a response, and STOP the symptoms by doing very specific things now. And that was my goal. BFS *beep* me off because it seemed to do whatever it wanted, irregardless of what I did. But that is no longer true. I just needed to learn, and do some very structured trial and error. Now I can stop my symptoms almost to 99% .... or kickstart them again.

BFSB
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby jerry2 on January 9th, 2013, 2:23 pm

So you don't have BFS anymore BFSBurger? Great for you, you should rename to Burger only then :-)))

If the symptoms are so wierd with taking something, it means it is not doing anything and the problem just goes it's way ;-/
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby Scandinavian girl on January 9th, 2013, 2:51 pm

(BFS)Burger og FormerBFSBurger maybe!: Wow! How come?? What is it specifically that you can do to stop it (and kickstart it again, - not so interessted it this of course..)?? Do you mean you controll your symptoms throught a spesific diet/supplements - plan? Do you think this only works for you, or is highly individual?
Contrats anyway, must feel fantastic! For how long?
Scandinavian girl
Hero
Hero

Postby jerry2 on January 9th, 2013, 3:02 pm

BFSBurger, what did you do to stop the twitching, if anything?
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby chicagobfs on July 30th, 2013, 10:53 am

Is anybody still taking niacin? Nate??
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor