The worst twitching attack I had so far :(

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

The worst twitching attack I had so far :(

Postby TwitchyDoc on December 23rd, 2012, 4:23 am

I woke up around 2 AM as usual (unfortunately) and rolled from one side to the other one. At that time, the worst twitching concert began - abdominal, chest, both arms, back and thighs muscles started to twitch rapidly, all at once. It did not last more than 30 seconds but I have never experienced such a terrible "attack". I spent the rest of the night awake, thinking how this can be "nothing" :/
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Re: The worst twitching attack I had so far :(

Postby Jonny32 on December 23rd, 2012, 2:41 pm

This is how my BFS started. All of the sudden my whole body twiched like crazy. Really the whole body. This lasted a few hours and then reduced. Since that day my twiches slowed down a lot. But the first time they appeared they were exactly as you've just described them.
Jonny32

Postby BFSBurger on December 23rd, 2012, 4:43 pm

I spent the rest of the night awake, thinking how this can be "nothing" :/

Its not nothing.

Its just not going to kill us.

The sudden onset, and the fact that it goes away eventually for most people, implies viral infection to me. Viral infection that causes several symptoms. The solution? Help your body fight the invader.

And just like with Mono and CMV and other similar infections, it can reactivate, or stay partially activated for years in some people. The solution? Help your body fight the invader.
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby bobajojo on December 24th, 2012, 7:09 am

Docen,
What you described is a normal everyday occurance for me. The only difference is that mine last for more than 30 seconds. When Im lying in bed I can feel little pops and tugs everywhere. If I turn to one side, it will trigger certain muscles to join the party. This is normal BFS. -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby TwitchyDoc on December 25th, 2012, 7:54 am

Thanks..You know, I am anxious because for the 5,5 years I have never experienced anything close to this. This was extremely strong and diffuse. But I kinda believe that gluten free diet will help (there is a documented case of gluten intolerance caused reversible ALS and increasing evidence that gluten can cause neurological symptoms way before the gastroen. ones).
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby bobajojo on December 25th, 2012, 9:09 am

Thats interesting Docen, let us know if it helps.

If it makes you feel any better, I woke up on Christmas morning feeling really sick (bad cold and high temperature). My tongue was twitching in multiple spots and is still going, although its slowed a little. My elbows were twitching nonstop, both of them. My pinky toe was moving from a twitch on the side of my foot. And the rest of my body was just popping away randomly. This was all happening at the same time. Very very very frustrating. -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Jujulia on December 25th, 2012, 2:14 pm

TwitchyDoc wrote:I woke up around 2 AM as usual (unfortunately) and rolled from one side to the other one. At that time, the worst twitching concert began - abdominal, chest, both arms, back and thighs muscles started to twitch rapidly, all at once. It did not last more than 30 seconds but I have never experienced such a terrible "attack". I spent the rest of the night awake, thinking how this can be "nothing" :/

What you describe happens to me quite often, TwitchyDoc.

TwitchyDoc wrote:Thanks..You know, I am anxious because for the 5,5 years I have never experienced anything close to this. This was extremely strong and diffuse. But I kinda believe that gluten free diet will help (there is a documented case of gluten intolerance caused reversible ALS and increasing evidence that gluten can cause neurological symptoms way before the gastroen. ones).

I'm not quite sure I understand. Do you mean a gluten free diet ''could'', eventually, help someone with ALS?... or do you mean that a gluten intolerance could mimic ALS symptoms?
Jujulia
Hero
Hero

Postby Ghayes420 on December 25th, 2012, 5:35 pm

Sorry that you're having a tough time Docen. I too am battling more and more issues recently. Fasciculations are consistent in my shoulders, arms, abs, elbows,hands, calves,quads, neck, lips and face.. I am having what I can only describe as a loss of dexterity in my left hand. My overall strength does not seem the same, power movements are fine, But lessening endurance. It isn't nearly impossible for me to sleep or even nap on my back now at all. My shoulder joints creaking pop and hurts so badly. It is very very frustrating. It takes everything in my power to forget about what is happening to my body.
You aren't alone and an attack like you have is not uncommon around here. I have no idea how it took you five years to reach this point. It took me about 6-8 months before all hell broke loose.
Today on Christmas I am going with BFS from possible potassium channelopathy. That sounds like the winner for today. :)
Merry Christmas Docen. Please keep the chin up.
-Greg
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management