sleep issues

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

sleep issues

Postby aztwitchy on December 21st, 2012, 1:52 pm

i know many of you have sleep issues...but I am curious about my particular symptoms...this has been ongoing for many months and I am at a loss if it is simply anxiety related or something more physiological... basically I have 0 issues falling asleep. but about 1-2 hours into sleep I wake up suddenly, I notice I am a bit confused feeling and my mind is kinda racing with a bunch of thoughts that don't make sense almost like I am resorting my dreams. Clonazapam solves this but I hate feeling reliant on it for sleep.

I have seen a lot of you post about having issues falling asleep but that doesnt seem to be the problem...mine is more staying asleep.

anyway....didn't sleep much last night which means my symptoms are worse today! yuck.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Re: sleep issues

Postby jerry2 on December 21st, 2012, 2:03 pm

Yes mine also. I am tired and I can fall asleep but aftr 5 hours I am fully awake and can not sleep any longer. And no, 5 hours is not enough for me, I am tired all day.
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby christo on December 22nd, 2012, 3:27 am

Same here, no problem falling asleep, but if I wake up in the night (and it happens really often), then it takes hours for me to fall back asleep. Also when I awake in the night, my anxiety seems to skyrocket without reason, I feel shaky and my twitches are usually really worse than during the day. Xanax 1mg solve this, but like aztwitchy I dont like to rely on this stuff to sleep.
christo
Hero
Hero

Postby jerry2 on December 22nd, 2012, 5:21 am

Same for me, yes. If I need to go to bathroom during the night (which happens too often this years), I have trouble with falling back asleep. Benzo 2,5 mg makes me sleep longer but I take it just if I had a week lasting 5 hours sleep and I am exhausted, because I don't want to relay on that.
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby aztwitchy on December 23rd, 2012, 12:21 am

i am with you both....thanks for chiming in...i hate relying on these drugs to sleep and function....but I guess its better than being dreadfully miserable.

the crazy thing is when I go to bed i am super calm, feel happy and then BAM!!! i wake up and have all kinds of thoughts racing and none of it makes any sense. I have never had the "heart attack" type panic attacks but I assume this is some kind of panic attack. I may ask the doctor if I can do a cortisol test to see if something is happening at the hormonal level.

my crazy uncle keeps recommending medical marijuana lol but that would only get me fired. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby Ghayes420 on December 26th, 2012, 12:43 pm

I have very similar issues, but I was recently dx'd as having obstructive sleep apnea, so we may have different causes. I wake up many times through the night and the lack of O2 may be the reason for the racing thoughts and pain upon awakening. Usually, there is little trouble in falling asleep at all. usually.
Greg
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management