Bath Salts - Oh myyyyy....

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Bath Salts - Oh myyyyy....

Postby BFSBurger on December 16th, 2012, 1:48 pm

I feel like such a pretty lady when I type this.

But im a man. A real man.

Anyways ... disclaimer aside .... wow. Taking Salt baths before bed is probably the most therapeutic thing I have ever done for myself. In my life. Let alone the last 2 months. Without them I don't think I would have coped so well with BFS. With them, its like a dream. You don't have to light candles and sprinkle rose petals around the tub.

But you do need to get Dead Sea bath salts, and Epsom salts and try this. I can't emphasize enough how great it feels. Its almost like a sleeping pill before bed. And the sensation lasts until I wake up in the morning.

Seriously, if any of you have trouble going to sleep, have rigidity in your muscles, or if anyone here (long shot i know) has muscle spasms .... you need to try this.

1) Dead Sea bath salts (known for healing properties, far more minerals than Epson could dream of having).
2) Epsom salts (they have bags of them at Walgreens/whole foods, etc)

I do 2 cups of the Dead Sea Salts and 1 cup of the Epsom. I have tried with just one, or the other, and it was not the same. The two combined are worth the effort.

I got my Dead Sea stuff (verified its legitimately from the Dead Sea) here: http://www.cleopatraschoice.com/dead-sea-salt.html (first or second one 10/20lb bags).

Please try this. Do it after you've done everything in preparation for bedtime. This way when you get out, you get right into bed. The relaxing sensation saturates your muscles and calms everything down. I can still feel it when I wake up in the morning. Its amazing.

Everyone says rinse it off after you bath. I dont. I leave it on my skin, just dry off. I rinse off in the morning. Doesn't leave any weirdness on your sheets at all.
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Re: Bath Salts - Oh myyyyy....

Postby aztwitchy on December 21st, 2012, 1:46 pm

how many baths do you think are in the 20lb bag? I wish I had a larger bath tub.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby jerry2 on December 21st, 2012, 2:04 pm

I have tried Epson salt bath way before you had twitching. Didn't help. Made no difference.
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby BFSBurger on December 21st, 2012, 4:08 pm

how many baths do you think are in the 20lb bag? I wish I had a larger bath tub.

Hmmm. I would have to guess. If you're looking at 1 measured cup, and you use two per bath, ... gosh i dont even know. I got a 10lb bag and went through it pretty quickly (a week or two?) but I was doing them every night. Now I have a 20lb bag and I have had it for a month and its only half empty. Because I am doing them only 2-3x a week now.

I have tried Epson salt bath way before you had twitching. Didn't help. Made no difference.

Never stated it would cure your BFS. Only that it soothes tense muscles and soothes cramping, enabling sleep and much better rest. I do believe infusing your muscle tissues directly with minerals helps with BFS issues. I feel a thousand times better on the aggregate because of these baths. The water needs to be HOT.

You also only did epsom salts. Dead Sea salts contain numerous other minerals. Epsom only contains one. So I take 2 cups of the Dead Sea and 1 cup of Epsom. Is there clinical data proving that mineral content increases in the body after these types of baths? Yes.

Also, how many times did you do it ? I waited a month and a half before I posted this. That's how long I've been doing them.

Remember, this is one minor part of a larger regimen that needs to be ongoing. Days, weeks, months. Dont take a bath or two and say forget it. Don't start juicing organic vegetables for a week and say "Didnt work". That's not how your body functions.

Nearly everyone who has been cured of BFS states that lifestyle changes are necessary. Those who do absolutely nothing don't understand biology. I will continue to do the baths indefinitely. If for no other reason than people have done them for centuries and experienced health benefits.

By the way, I've sat in a hot tub full of only water, and it did absolutely nothing. There's something *drastically* different about the salts.

BFSB

BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby aztwitchy on December 21st, 2012, 9:08 pm

man that salt is expenisve...i hope its really worth it...i may give a 10lb bag a shot and see how it goes.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby BFSBurger on December 22nd, 2012, 10:16 am

Shop around. Don't have to get it there. Whole Foods may have some.

Again I would use these if you struggle with aching, stiff aches and pains, and cramping symptoms. If you're 100% normal with just twitching - its your decision. I still think infusing your muscle tissue with minerals like Sodium/Potassium/Calcium/Magnesium/Bromine is paramount to dealing with what we have, which may be a Channelopathy caused by God knows what (viral infection, excessive exercise with insufficient mineral replacement over the years, constant infusion of stress hormone due to anxiety problems over the years, environmental toxins, etc).

BFSB

BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby chicagobfs on December 26th, 2012, 1:24 am

It is very popular in Europe to take baths in special water with minerals. Many spas as well as professional clinic does that. I'm not sure about the absorption though.
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby Missi on December 26th, 2012, 7:40 pm

I love baths! I am just too busy with work almost to take one!!
Missi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby BFSBurger on December 26th, 2012, 10:28 pm

BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby chicagobfs on December 26th, 2012, 11:57 pm

I actually use salts to bath quite often, I either buy it at whole foods or at marshal avaha brand. I didn't really try to look if I have any results from it since I didn't know that we can absorb nutrients like this....today I bough a big bag of Epsom salt at Walgreens and testing right now...:) was a stresfull day
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby BFSBurger on December 27th, 2012, 11:35 pm

Epsom is strange. I know its good stuff, but its just Magnesium.

When I first started the salt baths, I used the Dead Sea salts only. I researched what was the absolute best salt baths/mineral baths for health. Dead Sea kept coming up everywhere.

There is such an overwhelmingly relaxing sensation from the stuff. My buddy says it contains bromelin or bromide or something like that, which can act as a natural sedative. Probably why I crawl into bed and doze off like I have just taken a sleeping pill. Its the most amazing feeling after a workout.

But then I went and got Epsom salts and did a bath with just those. Eh .... Its good. But its not the same. I would say if Epsom benefits on a scale of 5 to 10, the dead sea stuff feels like a 9 out of 10 . So i started doing 2 cups of Dead Sea 1 cup of Epsom in the same bath.

BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management