Is that normal??

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Is that normal??

Postby Julie on December 18th, 2012, 2:24 pm

Hi!!

Lastly my twtiches are very different than before, first of all I have them almost only in my legs (more in calves) but anywhere I will have the twitches I feel like pop corn effect but I do not see the twitches... before I had more twitches and coudl see them...

Im worry beacause i readed that when you do not see the twitches it's no good at all!!!

Regards, Julie
Julie

Re: Is that normal??

Postby Julie on December 18th, 2012, 3:21 pm

I am more scared than ever!! I just readed a post "Why you don't have als part 1":

1) It is actually a GOOD sign that you can see twitches. A true fasciculation (such as in ALS) is a tiny little muscle movement that in most cases can NOT be seen. ALS twitches are NOT big thumping, jumping, jolting "random" twitches, no matter where they are located. Most people talk about being able to see their clothes move when larger twitches in BFS occur. No "true fasciculation" on the planet can do that. A finger moving as if you are tapping your fingers is NOT a true fasciculation! A true fasciculation will move only a tiny little part of the finger of which you most likely won't even feel, not the whole finger, especially at the joints as if "you" are actually movng it yourself.

Yesterday and today, in the morning, I stayed bit longer in my bed, and for one hour my fingers were moving, but the way the moved is excatly like "a tiny little part of the fingers" even I was so concerned when it happened.

And all my twitches are invisible and weak and more in my legs!

Need your help! Please! I m soooo scared again and again and again!!
Julie

Postby bobajojo on December 18th, 2012, 4:54 pm

Julie,
Please don't worry about that old post. Its common with BFS to have all kinds of twitches. I have plenty everyday that I can see but not feel, feel but not see, big thumpers, little tiny ones, doesn't matter.
-Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Julie on December 18th, 2012, 5:15 pm

Thank you matt to answer me, is nice to hear that i am not the only one with this twitches that I dont see but feel (by the wat I feel them but not that much!). So again is it normal even if i do not have anymore the old strong twitches that I used to have?

Did you have once only a tiny part of your index moving? Or feel that one of your fingers move just a little bit?
I have soo many questions about my symptoms, every day it is almost somerhing diferent :-((

Again thank you so much, xx
Julie

Postby bobajojo on December 18th, 2012, 5:19 pm

Julie,
This was taken last year.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLrkX5dClU
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Julie on December 18th, 2012, 5:56 pm

Yep it happened like this with my index aswell, but aswell it can move even less than that :-( sometimes with my thumb i feel like is moving inside but the thumb don't move at all.

You know matt everything starts 8 months ago, but i dont understand why now everything is different, why my twitches are weak and invisbles..... i know i just repeat the same, but i am so afraid that is because i have ***, im so worried about my foot pain aswell (i explained that in my first post), so weird! And you know where i feel pain today? In my thumb's muscle (the big one)... It drives me crazy living like this, with permanent fear....

Maybe i should go back to see the neurologist and ask him a imr, i never did one because i thought i was not necesary...

Let me ask another question because with your post i understand that you are a big twitcher with a lot of experience in that, do get aswell very fine twitches behind your thight? My twitches are so fine that i feel them almost only when a put my legs side by side (my calves)

I hope you can understand my bad english, sorry about that :-(

And thanks again
Julie

Postby bobajojo on December 18th, 2012, 7:31 pm

Some might say that your twitches seem to be improving! Don't let yourself think that one kind of twitch is worse than another. A twitch is just a twitch.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Julie on December 18th, 2012, 8:40 pm

Yes you are right matt, i just watched in tube few videos with calves twitching and i feel already better :-)
For the rest, i will try to don't focus my mind in the others symptoms, more i think about what's happen inside my body, more i find o feel weird things.

Have a good night!
Julie

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management