Numbness or just tingling??

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Numbness or just tingling??

Postby SwedenEmil on December 9th, 2012, 1:39 pm

Hi

lm a male in my early 20's who have been experiencing odd symtoms the last months. (See my earlier posts)
Today l started to feel some new strange symtoms in my limbs. It all started with my right toes with a sense of numbness, first of all l thought lve been sitting on my foot for a while without thinking of it to cause that numbness, but that wasent the case. The numbness didnt feelt like nubness really do feel when you cut of the flow of blood to your body parts. It kinda feelt like tingling l guess. A few hours later my whole body is tingling at different areas,mostly in my hands arms and feets. It really feels like numbness but my fingers limbs ect dosent get numb at all.
Is this a sign of tingling?

Anyone who have the same symtoms as l have?
SwedenEmil

Re: Numbness or just tingling??

Postby Lasszucken on December 10th, 2012, 7:14 am

Have you really read the posts here?

Lots of have these symptoms. Numbness, Tingling, static feelings..
Twitching since about 1st of march 2012..
Lasszucken

Postby aztwitchy on December 10th, 2012, 12:04 pm

yep same feelings here...not fun. hope yours goes away.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby SwedenEmil on December 10th, 2012, 1:25 pm

Hi

I swear to god I'm really really scared the first thing I noticed today whas that it really hurts when it tingling. Im sooo freaking scared! Really..

Aztwitchy: how long have you had your tingling? When did it occur and how intense is is when i do occur?

Mine started yesterdayright after my twitching symtomes decreased, l still have them but less now than a week ago.

Lasszuken:most of the posts about tingling here doesent fits my symtoms at all. People say they tingle in one limb only ect,l dont. Mine is all around my whole body and appear like a lightning strike with intense pain.
SwedenEmil

Postby aztwitchy on December 10th, 2012, 4:31 pm

mine primarily occurrs in my hands and my feet. It happens sporadically....mostly at night. The first number of times it was very disconcerting. Now I know it will go away so I try not to freak out at the time it occurs. It seems to happen a lot less as time has gone on. Are you taking or were you taking any medications?

One of the 3 neurologists I saw attributed it as uncontrolled anxiety. The other two were unsure but also said its a possiblity its all anxiety and "panic disorder"
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby SwedenEmil on December 10th, 2012, 5:27 pm

So when did it appeared? After the twitches or before? Have your symtoms overall decreased or do you still have twitching ect.

Oh no lm not taking an medications.

Btw do your tingling show up in both your hands and feets?
SwedenEmil

Postby aztwitchy on December 10th, 2012, 5:37 pm

well just keep in mind this is just my personal experience. the numbness I had was not always present...I would get it bad for a few mins a day every now and then....sometimes it would last up to 20 mins....other times just seconds. Overall it has decreased over the past couple months but I am on medications now. i believe i had twitches all along but my initial symptoms were parathesias and numbness. i still have twitching 24\7 for months...numbness\tingling is not as often but still crops up every other day or so.
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby SwedenEmil on December 11th, 2012, 8:35 am

aztwitchy wrote:well just keep in mind this is just my personal experience. the numbness I had was not always present...I would get it bad for a few mins a day every now and then....sometimes it would last up to 20 mins....other times just seconds. Overall it has decreased over the past couple months but I am on medications now. i believe i had twitches all along but my initial symptoms were parathesias and numbness. i still have twitching 24\7 for months...numbness\tingling is not as often but still crops up every other day or so.

What kind of medications do you take?
How long have you had your symtoms?
SwedenEmil

Postby aztwitchy on December 11th, 2012, 12:00 pm

My symptoms have been going on for 7+ months...I just started taking keppra...too early to say if it helps.
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby Kamila on January 1st, 2013, 7:09 pm

Hi
I also have numbness and tingling. But till now at night only. I woke up few times every night and morninf and always fell it.
Past week it was better so i was happy. Then 4 nights ago i woke up with numbness in... chin. Thats was really WEIRD.
And last 3 nights again back torrbible numbness in hands in every night. Last night have numbness and tingling from palm to elbow.
Also today comes next "great" symptoms. I have fasciculations 4 months.Sometimes i felt buzzing. But today wow i have buzzing in right foot 12 hours. And its like pattern. 3 secunds buzzing, 2 not, again 3 seconds buziing, 2 not.Its like some vibrating clock in foot.I read on net that some people also experienced "pattern buziing" like 2 secunds, 6 secunds.Its WEIRD.
How is your tingling and numbness now?
Kamila

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management