Do l have ALS??? Scared to death! Please help!

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Do l have ALS??? Scared to death! Please help!

Postby Yuliasir on November 12th, 2012, 8:50 am

Hi Emil,
migrating pains also could happen not only in BFS but overall in anxious people, i had them in the legs when i was younger and was very tired and nervous because of working at brand new plant ;)))
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Floydian on November 12th, 2012, 9:04 am

Hi Emil, try to look at things in perspective as not every symptom is necessary related to bfs.
Nonetheless it is very common that a variety of (new) symptoms can show up each day, week or month.
Floydian
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Scandinavian girl on November 12th, 2012, 9:51 am

emil, This type of pain in arms and fingers i can definately recognize. just see my earlier posts. i think it's nerve pain/neuropatic pain. i have it in legs also. interessant that you also see this "floaters /dots "
Scandinavian girl
Hero
Hero

Postby SwedenEmil on November 12th, 2012, 1:16 pm

Yulia: How did this leg pain feel when you were younger?, cuz l do have pain along my bone in my arm right now. Was it the same 4 u?`

Floydian. Yes lm trying to think more positive, but l cant focus on other things when l do have symtoms l never had experienced before. :(

Scaandinaviangirl: What kind of dots and visble thing do you also see? cuz l have alot of them years ago, sometimes my whole sight at the left eye could black out during a few minutes.
SwedenEmil

Postby Yuliasir on November 12th, 2012, 2:57 pm

it was a stabbing localized pain, ,just that. Like I have a big needle inserted in my leg.

pain coming along the bone is usually associated with nerve compression. I had such pains about a year ago in the left leg - they were, they had increased if i strined the arm 9(dragging a suitcase or even taking a 10 pounds pack from the local food market) - it was a peak of my BFS - I do not have them now
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby SwedenEmil on November 12th, 2012, 4:16 pm

Oh thanx alot for the comforting post, did your doctor ever explain why they appeared? whas it due to the BFS?
SwedenEmil

Postby twitchinjohnny on November 12th, 2012, 4:49 pm

Hello again, Emil....

From the way you describe your pains, they very well could be a symptom of BFS. I've had many inexplicable, roaming and transient pains in every muscle of my body for years now. This type of pain is pretty common in BFS and in things like Fibromyalgia. Both of these conditions are a real drag, but not life-threatening. Pain is not a symptom of ALS or other motor neuron disease. These nasty diseases affect the motor neuron system, not the sensory nerve system. People who are in the latter stages of ALS may have pain due to a secondary condition brought on by disease.... like pain from compressions sores. Pain in not a primary symptom of ALS, and the kind of pain you describe is definitely not characteristic of ALS.

Sounds to me like you have BFS like the rest of us. Keep you chin-up, my friend! You'll be o.k. I know how the anxiety associated with all of this can wear on you. My sister has referred to my condition as "death by 1,000 little paper cuts." It does seem that way at times!

John
"If you're going through hell, keep going!"
Sir Winston Churchill
twitchinjohnny
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SwedenEmil on November 13th, 2012, 11:47 am

You probably have right, but l did read days ago about a guy with severe pain in arms and legs years before he developed the heredity ALS one, so lm just worried about that.

Haha totally!
SwedenEmil

Postby Floydian on November 14th, 2012, 3:03 am

SwedenEmil wrote:but l did read days ago about a guy with severe pain in arms and legs years before he developed the heredity ALS one, so lm just worried about that.

Hi Emil, I'm not a docter but I think it's likely that the severe pain could be related to somehting completely different. If it was a primary symptom in his case then it wouldn't last 'years' in my opninion.
Floydian
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SwedenEmil on November 14th, 2012, 3:16 pm

Hi!

Thanx to you all for your supporting comforting post during my deepest and darkest moments, your posts have been a light in the dark cave for me. Really! thanx to you all.

l do have an appointment with the Neruro later in Dec, l will post the result after the appointment. Thanx to you all, and l mean it. You r fantastic, keep up with your great work guys!

Kind regards/
Emil :D
SwedenEmil

Postby Scandinavian girl on November 18th, 2012, 4:11 pm

good luck to you Emil. yes, let us know. About the vision: I see red/brown dots moving, sometimes smal black dots..sometimes shadows that are not Really there, and sometimes double and blury and sometimes blinking "stars"...
Scandinavian girl
Hero
Hero

Postby vlaf on November 23rd, 2012, 10:57 am

I`m from sweden as well,
Please read my post about "twinching and pain". I dont have ALS - I am 200% sure. On the other side when I thought I hade ALS I was 100% sure that I´ve got it...no matter what anybody said to me. I was really hard to be convinced
The best thing from my "hard period of ALS-thoughts" is that I am now enjoying life more than I did hefore !
vlaf
vlaf

Postby SwedenEmil on December 2nd, 2012, 5:45 pm

vlaf wrote:I`m from sweden as well,
Please read my post about "twinching and pain". I dont have ALS - I am 200% sure. On the other side when I thought I hade ALS I was 100% sure that I´ve got it...no matter what anybody said to me. I was really hard to be convinced
The best thing from my "hard period of ALS-thoughts" is that I am now enjoying life more than I did hefore !

Tjena Vlaf!

Skulle vara kanon om du drog iväg ett mail här på forumet om vad du upplvde under dina fösta symtom, samt hur det ligger till idag, så kan vi maila lite med varandra!
SwedenEmil

Postby vlaf on December 4th, 2012, 4:17 pm

Jag har skickat lite mail till dig, hoppas du fått dem
vlaf
vlaf

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management