Even after 6 years I could need some help...

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Even after 6 years I could need some help...

Postby PhiStar on November 12th, 2012, 3:41 pm

Hey my friends,

looks like I´m back again...
First of all, next month I´m going into year number seven... still twitching everywhere. But now I have a problem and could need your help again.

Three weeks ago my right index finger was twitching 24/7. Short time later, maybe because I tried to stop the movements, the finger and the hand began to feel stiff. And, to complete the story, then I dropped my keys.
And for any f***ing reason I startet to think about it... As you know, that´s never a good idea. So here we are... Next i noticed a, as you would say, buzzing in both of my hands. And that´s what scares me again.
Of course I have had a buzzing sensation before, but never in both hands at the same time.
Man, I hate this... and I hate myself for thinking about a twitching muscle after all these years without fear.

After my two clean EMGs back in 2007 I thought i would never think about any bad diseases again. :(
Today I´ve had a neuro exam, no EMG, but all the other stuff. I think he wanted to know if there is any problem with the nerves, that could cause these feelings. After he finished the tests, he said that there would be no reason to make other test or another EMG, and that I´m fine.

So, I still have no idea what this buzzing could be. As I can (sometimes) feel it in my fingers, too, I´m not sure that its always the muscles. We dont have muscles in our fingers, and i dont think that this feeling comes from a hand muscle via a tendon. In this case you should see the hand muscles twitch, but i do not.

So my friends.... i should be the one to give reassurance to you, but now i could need your support.

What about this buzzing in the hands? Have you had it? Any idea what it is or how I could stop it/make it better?

Thank you!
PhiStar
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Even after 6 years I could need some help...

Postby volfan on November 12th, 2012, 3:57 pm

the buzzing is a bit#$ - I have had it behind my left knee since this started. I hate it. All those bees in there making honey or whatever the fu#$ they are doing. That is why when I had my EMG 9 months ago and they made me pick a side, I picked the left one. They found nothing so who knows what the whole buzzing thing is vs a twitching thing. Probably like Patty and Cathy Duke - they're cousins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQTqKcojrVY
volfan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby wjjw on November 29th, 2012, 5:45 pm

volfan wrote:the buzzing is a bit#$ - I have had it behind my left knee since this started. I hate it. All those bees in there making honey or whatever the fu#$ they are doing. That is why when I had my EMG 9 months ago and they made me pick a side, I picked the left one. They found nothing so who knows what the whole buzzing thing is vs a twitching thing. Probably like Patty and Cathy Duke - they're cousins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQTqKcojrVY

Jesus. That will teach me not to come back here and click on a random post. I'd rather have full body twitching than have the freakin Patty Duke song stuck in my head. The 60's were bad enough the first time around. I'm outta here....

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby aztwitchy on December 5th, 2012, 1:17 pm

did you recently have a bout of stress? if you have no true clinical weakness unfortunately the EMG will just be paying a doctor to prod you with needles...and like in the past they would come up clean.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management