Rate your BFS!

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Rate your BFS!

Postby johnnythejet on November 8th, 2012, 9:03 am

Currently B4, but at times in my past 7 years I've been D4.

Greg, you had to mention pre-cramps, didn't you...
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Bosley22 on November 8th, 2012, 9:07 am

Two thumbs down :lol:
Bosley22

Postby virginiasteve on November 8th, 2012, 10:55 am

I am a B4
virginiasteve

Postby Kamila on November 9th, 2012, 12:14 pm

I am not sure about first.
Second is for sure 4.
Kamila

Postby KatieMG on November 9th, 2012, 12:50 pm

B5 but my sensory stuff doesn't bother me all that much. I do get tongue twitching though.
KatieMG

Postby Scandinavian girl on November 9th, 2012, 3:32 pm

B4 OR B5. The pain in my feet ann the continous paresthesias in feet are my worst symptoms. cannot wear jeans etc close to my skin:( hope more people here will answer this.
Scandinavian girl
Hero
Hero

Postby Craig on November 9th, 2012, 6:05 pm

C5 here...cramping is more like the "pre-cramp" sensation and do get some sensory issues but not all that regularly.
Craig
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby bobajojo on November 10th, 2012, 8:16 am

Thanks for the replies! I have 24 ratings so far. I'd love to get 100 and post the results just to get an idea of the %ages in each category. This is really interesting! -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby twitchinjohnny on November 10th, 2012, 9:02 am

Great post, Matt! Your survey neatly summarizes a lot of good information. I'm an A4, for sure.

My first twitches were noticed in my left calf when I was at the Dr.'s office last June for something else. I had a huge, painless purple mark on my left calf. Looked like an insect bite turning into a cellulitis. I was given an antibiotic and a tetanus booster, and I was told that the twitch might be due to spider venom in the muscle. (My doc doesn't think it's Lyme Disease, although I'm still thinking about being tested for that.) A week later, the bite mark had cleared-up and I was twitching in both calves, both feet and my right arm! Within a month I developed a real, grinding, intermittent twitch in my left cheek! Now I'm at the point where I have twitches in my buttocks, shoulder and face waking me-up in the morning!!! My calfs still go crazy from time to time. Usually when I'm driving my car. I have some that are so subtle that I can barely see them, and I can't feel them. Others are real "thumpers." Sometimes I can see my thigh (right near the knee) twitching right through my bluejeans! To this day, I haven't seen a tongue twitch.... yet.

All of my twitches come and go. The facial thing has disappeared from an entire month at a time, only to return. Crazy! I definitely find that stress and anxiety will amp things-up!

I'll be keeping an eye on your survey! Great stuff!

John
"If you're going through hell, keep going!"
Sir Winston Churchill
twitchinjohnny
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby twitchinjohnny on November 10th, 2012, 9:15 am

Correction to the above post! I'm a D4, for sure!!!!! Sorry!

I forgot about the fact that my twitches were preceded by about a year's worth of strange, inexplicable paraesthesia and muscle cramps. I had to have an MRI to rule out MS because of these. D4 is where I'm at! Thanks!
"If you're going through hell, keep going!"
Sir Winston Churchill
twitchinjohnny
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby jpbw on November 10th, 2012, 12:53 pm

Benign. I was once told that this was all that mattered. Giving it a stage makes it a bit too like cancer for my liking.
jpbw

Postby Snoookie on November 10th, 2012, 12:54 pm

Matt, B5.......... Tongue twitches are the most frequent for me, although they have reduced quite a lot i still get them at some point every day... i did have them every second every day for months on end it was relentless no pause at all...Snoookie
Snoookie

Postby Seepi27 on November 10th, 2012, 1:00 pm

jpbw wrote:Benign. I was once told that this was all that mattered. Giving it a stage makes it a bit too like cancer for my liking.

I think benign *is* the only thing that matters.

Also, exactly how much we twitch can often be awfully subjective: what constitutes 'a lot' for someone may not be so for someone else.

And then there's always the issue of wanting to be seen to out-twitch everyone else...;-)
Seepi27
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby bobajojo on November 10th, 2012, 4:56 pm

Colin,

Once again, if you don't think this post is interesting just don't reply to it. Simple as that. I never understand why certain people feel the need to submit meaningless replies to posts they don't like or can't contribute to. I think this kind of post can be very helpful to others. Obviously, you don't agree.

To suggest that any member of this board wants to be seen as the guy that twitches more than anyone else is just ridiculous and downright ignorant. There are many many people who come to this forum to help each other get through this crappy condition we all share. And then there are people who for whatever reason try to take jabs at others on here, which helps no one. Maybe someday you'll change your attitude and try to actually do some good on here. I know lots of people who spent countless hours trying to help you get through your anxiety.

And I'm not sure why you're talking about frequency of twitches as that has nothing to do with this rating system.

I try to be nice the first few times, but at some point you become like the mosquito that just won't go away! LOL. I'm sure these words will have no effect and you'll continue to try to stir the pot but you can save yourself the effort. I've blocked your posts so I won't see it. Good luck getting over your anxiety with all this. I hope you can get back to a point of enjoying life. I really do.

-Matt

TO EVERYONE ELSE, KEEP THOSE REPLIES COMIN! Its so interesting to see the percentages. I have 27 ratings and I'll post the results sometime soon!
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Seepi27 on November 10th, 2012, 6:51 pm

bobajojo wrote:Colin,

Once again, if you don't think this post is interesting just don't reply to it. Simple as that. I never understand why certain people feel the need to submit meaningless replies to posts they don't like or can't contribute to. I think this kind of post can be very helpful to others. Obviously, you don't agree.

I was actually responding to the previous poster. I'm not denying that your thread may be of help to others. I'm simply stating my opinion that it more dysfunctional to recovery from BFS than it is conducive. Simple as that.

To suggest that any member of this board wants to be seen as the guy that twitches more than anyone else is just ridiculous and downright ignorant.

Firstly, let me make it clear that this comment was not aimed at you. I know how severely you twitch and how frustrating it is, and I wouldn't suggest for one second that you have the slightest desire to be 'the guy who twitches most'. But I'm afraid that some people do enjoy 'besting' others when it comes to health issues: whatever ailment you mention, they've had it too, and probably twice as bad. It's human nature, I'm afraid. That's why surveys like these may be fun, but they're of no real consequence whatsoever.

There are many many people who come to this forum to help each other get through this crappy condition we all share. And then there are people who for whatever reason try to take jabs at others on here, which helps no one. Maybe someday you'll change your attitude and try to actually do some good on here. I know lots of people who spent countless hours trying to help you get through your anxiety.

Well I have made a number of helpful posts, actually, if you care to take a look, both here and on the FB BFS page. And I am very grateful for all the help I've received from others in trying to overcome my anxiety, you included.

I try to be nice the first few times, but at some point you become like the mosquito that just won't go away! LOL. I'm sure these words will have no effect and you'll continue to try to stir the pot but you can save yourself the effort. I've blocked your posts so I won't see it.

Words always have an effect, Matt. Whether they have a positive effect is another issue. As for blocking my posts, well, that's your prerogative. In any case, I'm sure reports of this response will find their way back to you :)
Seepi27
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Experiences with BFS