twitch INSIDE the eye

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

twitch INSIDE the eye

Postby aussie sufferer on May 27th, 2011, 3:55 am

Hi all another new symptom for me! A eye twitch..but not the ordinary eye twitch. But a twitch that I feel INSIDE the eye ball. Sort of the top of the left eye just above the tear duct. A little worrying being such an obscure twitch and in the eye. :( Can any one relate? How long did it last? How did you relieve it..eye drops??? I keep rubbing the eye instinctively. Probably makes it worse!
Seems to me the longer I have this thing the more bizzarre ( unusual places) the twitches become. joy oh joy.... :roll:
cheers
Rodger
PS Doing search didn't find much....hmmm.. :?
PPS hello to all the newbies ( seems to be a bunch)....from a sort of oldy (18 months). :)
Last edited by aussie sufferer on May 29th, 2011, 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
aussie sufferer
Saint
Saint

Re: twitch INSIDE the eye

Postby aussie sufferer on May 29th, 2011, 4:39 am

Post script..it has stopped thank god! Sadly though I did not get one, not even one, response to my concern, 35 'lookers' but not ONE repsonse. Is there now no one here? or are we all too tied up with our own issues to talk to others?
cheers
Rodger.. the guy with 596 plus posts.
aussie sufferer
Saint
Saint

Postby tiggida on May 29th, 2011, 11:19 am

Hi Aussie,
sorry, i was one of those lookers, but I haven't experienced the eyeball twitching so I didn't know if I should say anything. I'm always afraid of freaking someone out if I can't relate to what they are experiencing. Glad it is gone though. I am sure it's just another part of the crazy BFS crap.
Cheers,
Tanya
tiggida
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby peterdenmark on May 29th, 2011, 3:08 pm

Sorry mate - can't join you on that one. But how about twitching lip, nose, cheek, jaw, eyelid, every thinkable muscle around the eye etc etc?

//P
--
Best regards
Peter, Denmark
Twitching since february 2009
peterdenmark
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby aussie sufferer on May 30th, 2011, 8:51 am

thanks guys, appreciate the responses.
cheers & take care
Rodger
aussie sufferer
Saint
Saint

Postby May on May 30th, 2011, 10:49 am

I didn't exactly have an inner eye twitch, but I did have a pressure sensation - like I sometimes get in my calf or jaws (I have severe TMJ).
In any case, I really wouldn't worry about this symptom.
Cheers
May
May
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby twitchguy on November 6th, 2012, 3:37 pm

Hello,

I can relate to this as I to have been Dx BFS by a neurologist.

I have surely experienced twitching inside of my eye (and around) in both of my eyes.

Oddly enough, the twitching also sometimes results in me perceiving flashes in my vision as well sometimes both when my eyes are either opened or closed (phosphene). Since the BFS started up I've also become more sensitive to benign ocular phenomena such as floaters and blue field entopic phenomena, and I'm only 19 haha.
An eye DR. gave me an all clear after a full examination and neuro says the twitching causes quick pressing against my retina or something which I perceive as flashes.

My conjecture is that my BFS triggered was triggered under a period of very high anxiety and at the same time, I, all of a sudden, became aware of ocular phenomena in my eye which normally would of been "tuned out."

I hope BFS gets better for anyone and everyone afflicted by it, it truly is an annoyance.
twitchguy
Interested
Interested

Postby Yuliasir on November 7th, 2012, 3:51 am

Hi, I do not have twitches inside the eye (in fact i am not sure that eyeball itself has enough muscular tissue to twitch, however we have of course voluntarily controlled eye muscles which can twitch, but not those which dilate or contract the iris, I think), but I have sudden sharp pains in the eyes since in BFS.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Snoookie on November 9th, 2012, 5:09 pm

Hello, i have had a very strange eyeball twitch before it would coincide with a twitch that felt very much as if it were inside my head somewhere behind the eyes... as the twitch in my head which felt like a painless tap occurred my eyes would twitch/flick up...it went on for months...not all the time as in all day long but happened daily....also get flashes like lightning from time to time or black orbs with bright halos...
Snoookie

Postby SuziQ on November 30th, 2012, 10:28 am

It is called "nystagmus," and yes, a few of us with BFS have experienced it. I think it is probably more common than we realize. I've had it, and I know a former poster named "Wolverine" also complained of it. Much as we hear that BFS only affects the voluntary muscles, I found that there were some involuntary muscles that also twitched, like the inside of my nostril, my bladder, my intercostal muscles, and even the eyeball.

I hope this helps to ease your mind.
Blessings,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management