I hate the left side of my body

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

I hate the left side of my body

Postby volfan on November 1st, 2012, 7:36 am

I know a lot of us have jerking especially at night which for many of us wakes us up several times a night. I get those too. But I also get what I'll call a very hard shudder that starts near the shoulder and runs all the way down to the wrist. When it reaches the wrist, it looks/feels like I am waving spastically. I get these about 5 times a night and I am sick of them. Do others get this or is it mainly the jerking motion? Oh, and 99% of the time that is in my left arm.

On to the left foot...under the foot I have a hard pulling sensation with what I will call tremoring type twitches. I get this some in my right foot, but again mainly the left side.

The twitching is mainly on my left but more body wide. Although the buzzing I have had since this all started almost 11 months ago is behind my left knee. And it has never gone away since it started - like a little hive of bees in there. ARGHHHHHHHH!

Can I just repeat - I hate the left side of my body!!
volfan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: I hate the left side of my body

Postby Yuliasir on November 1st, 2012, 8:37 am

I also have most of the symptomes at the left side...
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby seventhcandle on November 1st, 2012, 10:45 am

volfan wrote:I know a lot of us have jerking especially at night which for many of us wakes us up several times a night. I get those too. But I also get what I'll call a very hard shudder that starts near the shoulder and runs all the way down to the wrist. When it reaches the wrist, it looks/feels like I am waving spastically. I get these about 5 times a night and I am sick of them. Do others get this or is it mainly the jerking motion? Oh, and 99% of the time that is in my left arm.

On to the left foot...under the foot I have a hard pulling sensation with what I will call tremoring type twitches. I get this some in my right foot, but again mainly the left side.

The twitching is mainly on my left but more body wide. Although the buzzing I have had since this all started almost 11 months ago is behind my left knee. And it has never gone away since it started - like a little hive of bees in there. ARGHHHHHHHH!

Can I just repeat - I hate the left side of my body!!

I mainly get the jerking motions, but they happen in my shoulders sometimes. It's very annoying. It sounds like you get significant tremoring. I am sorry about that. Anything that disturbs sleep sucks.
Been on the BFS journey since 6/26/12...

Twitch way do I go from here?

BFS does get better with time. Almost two years in and able to do almost everything I could do before I had this condition. Still twitching away of course...
seventhcandle
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management