EMG Testing

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

EMG Testing

Postby Brummer on October 18th, 2012, 3:29 am

Dear all, I have some problems with my ankle. It looks like atrophy and I went to a neuro yesterday. He also said it looks like this and made an EMG. He tested two muscels. The sole of my foot and the foreleg. He said both EMG are clean and he has no explanation for the atrophy. My question is: He tested no muscel on the ankle or the place it looks atrophied. Is it possible that there are EMG-changes only there and that it could be ALS anyway? I´m very scared about it.
Brummer

Re: EMG Testing

Postby volfan on October 18th, 2012, 5:59 am

you are likely to get several posts which I'm guessing will consistently reassure you that the DR. would have seen something in the EMG regardless of where it was done that would show him if something was not right. I have asked this question as well and that was the feedback I got - that the EMG on my left side would have indicated if there was something wrong on the right side. This is essentially the question you are asking, I believe. I know how it is to be scared and I still go there from time to time after 10 months of this. Take care - my thoughts are with you.
volfan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby mwagner on October 19th, 2012, 10:24 am

My neuro wouldn't even do an EMG on my foot. Two reasons: 1) he said that many foot EMGs would be dirty, just because of how much we use our feet and 2) the same major nerves supply the foot as the leg (he EMG'd my entire leg).

I didn't question it. They know what they're doing.

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management