Eye Twitching Daily

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Eye Twitching Daily

Postby BFS-twitcher on October 14th, 2012, 3:29 pm

After having EMG test doctor diagnosed me with BFS. After about 5 months of twitching I started having random muscle jerks in face, arms, legs and now my Eye is twitching randomly throughout the day daily.

Is eye twitching common with BFS and is it common for it to happen almost daily for the past 3 months? All of these twitches have really made me a very paranoid person.
BFS-twitcher

Re: Eye Twitching Daily

Postby seventhcandle on October 14th, 2012, 3:38 pm

Frequent eye twitching is very common with BFS (in fact, it's one of the first signs of it). It's officially called myokymia and even non-BFSers get it quite regularly (I used to get it a lot before all this crap started).
Been on the BFS journey since 6/26/12...

Twitch way do I go from here?

BFS does get better with time. Almost two years in and able to do almost everything I could do before I had this condition. Still twitching away of course...
seventhcandle
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby MarioMangler on October 14th, 2012, 5:26 pm

My eyelids have twitched pretty regularly since about 1997. I wouldn't worry about it. In fact I am guessing even people without BFS get it when they have eyestrain and stare at a computer too much.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on October 14th, 2012, 5:35 pm

BFS-twitcher wrote:Is eye twitching common with BFS and is it common for it to happen almost daily for the past 3 months? All of these twitches have really made me a very paranoid person.

My eyes have been twitching on and off for over 7 years, for months at a time. No worries.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby plainslady on October 14th, 2012, 6:38 pm

I had an eye twitch off and on for several months before BFS started. My eye doctor prescribed me reading glasses which diminished them, as my eyes weren't straining like they were before. I still get them to this day though, and doing something like putting on eyeliner sets them off every single time. It's also the first part of me that twitches when I get upset. Everyone knows when my eye starts twitching it's time to head the other direction. :D

Frances
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Postby BFS-twitcher on October 14th, 2012, 8:37 pm

Thanks guys... Ever since I have been getting theses eye twitching daily I convinced my self I had early signs of Parkinson's. I have been losing a lot of sleep over it. Especially the slight arm and leg jerks. This bfs issue is very stressful!
BFS-twitcher

Postby jerry2 on October 15th, 2012, 12:08 am

I am getting eye twitching when I yawn every time for one year after BFS started. It was so early sign I even showed it to my neuro. He didn't even care to look at it ;-) No worries!
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management