My knee is driving me crazy :/ (+video)

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My knee is driving me crazy :/ (+video)

Postby TwitchyDoc on October 5th, 2012, 3:29 pm

Last two or three weeks, the outer side of my right knee has a persistent twitch. Does anyone have pattern like this: fires quickly 3-4 times (in less than one second), then quiet for a second or two, then slight twitches just beneath the skin, then rapid ones again..and it still one spot.

EDIT: A video, subtle beginning, after 0:30 better..till the end..still bothering me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7mDQefURHQ
Last edited by TwitchyDoc on October 6th, 2012, 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Re: My knee is driving me crazy :/

Postby plainslady on October 5th, 2012, 4:05 pm

The area around my knee is one of my most frequent twitchy places. It will flare up for a few days, maybe a week or so, where it is firing all the time like you describe. Like all my other hotspots it comes and goes without any rhyme or reason.

Frances
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Postby Missi on October 5th, 2012, 4:54 pm

Inner knee, right beside knee cap for me. Not constant, but a frequent flyer for sure!
Missi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby anxious06 on October 5th, 2012, 7:55 pm

happens to me as well
anxious06

Postby TwitchyDoc on October 6th, 2012, 3:49 am

A video here..in the beginning its subtle, better after 0:30 and if you watch it till the end..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7mDQefURHQ
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Re: My knee is driving me crazy :/ (+video)

Postby TwitchyDoc on October 7th, 2012, 11:32 am

Still going on :(
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on October 7th, 2012, 3:51 pm

TwitchyDoc wrote:Still going on :(

Get them everyday sometime they go at all day non stop them some days maybe just a few randoms.
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby seventhcandle on October 7th, 2012, 6:13 pm

raindog wrote:

Get them everyday sometime they go at all day non stop them some days maybe just a few randoms.

Raindog, I know this is a little off topic, but do you still twitch just as much as you used to or more than when all this started because I know you have been going at this for 6+ yrs now?
Been on the BFS journey since 6/26/12...

Twitch way do I go from here?

BFS does get better with time. Almost two years in and able to do almost everything I could do before I had this condition. Still twitching away of course...
seventhcandle
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby raindog on October 8th, 2012, 3:48 pm

seventhcandle wrote:
raindog wrote:

Raindog, I know this is a little off topic, but do you still twitch just as much as you used to or more than when all this started because I know you have been going at this for 6+ yrs now?

I'd say twitching is about the same, cramping and stiffness as eased but nerve pain in both lower legs has increased over time.
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby frl8caco on October 20th, 2012, 1:22 pm

me as well, first calves and arches, then thighs and rest of body
frl8caco

Postby Seepi27 on October 21st, 2012, 7:13 am

Why the long face? You've been twitching for five years or more. I simply *cannot* understand why you are *still* anxious over something which has been going on for *so* long and which is obviously completely benign.

Do you *really* want it to be something bad? If not, then let it go already. There are people I know who have been twitching for just eight months or so, have had *no* neurological exam, or EMG, and who don't make *half* the fuss that you do over this.

Ok, we all get anxious from time to time, but put this into perspective, man. Five years or more, for heaven's sake. Doesn't that tell you *something*???
Seepi27
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby johnnythejet on October 21st, 2012, 5:30 pm

This just reinforces how lucky you've had it for the past 5 years. I'm not sure what you've had actually, for this to have been a new thing and causing so much anxiety.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby crazys on October 26th, 2012, 10:29 pm

Seepi27 wrote:

Why the long face? You've been twitching for five years or more. I simply *cannot* understand why you are *still* anxious over something which has been going on for *so* long and which is obviously completely benign.

Do you *really* want it to be something bad? If not, then let it go already. There are people I know who have been twitching for just eight months or so, have had *no* neurological exam, or EMG, and who don't make *half* the fuss that you do over this.

Ok, we all get anxious from time to time, but put this into perspective, man. Five years or more, for heaven's sake. Doesn't that tell you *something*???

Probebly because its hard to live with as it is. Everybody is not living i denial. You maybe need an IQ over 75 to understand that.
crazys

Postby Seepi27 on October 28th, 2012, 6:22 pm

crazys wrote:
Seepi27 wrote:

Probebly because its hard to live with as it is. Everybody is not living i denial. You maybe need an IQ over 75 to understand that.

Up yours, f ucker. There was no ad hominem attack in my response to the original poster, and definitely no need for you to resort to one.
Seepi27
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby jpbw on October 28th, 2012, 8:50 pm

If you had an IQ of over 75 you would realise that its not actually *that* hard to deal with crazys.....your muscles twitch, big deal. If its benign, who gives a crap.
jpbw

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to Symptom Management