Who spills hot water on my leg?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Who spills hot water on my leg?

Postby Mermaid on October 4th, 2012, 7:21 am

Hi, I've been diagnosed with BFS ten years ago. Now I'm 34 years old and been twitching almost 20 years :shock: Now I have a new, weird sympton. It's in my left leg, feels like somebody spills warm water on my inner calf. It lasts a few seconds but usually comes several times one after another. Then it stops. This happens 20-30 times aday and has been going on about three weeks now. Does anyone else have this? Or does anyone know where does it come from?

Twitching has lessened in the last few years but now I feel there is some flare up too. And of course I searched the net and found some ALS patients with burning sensations... :roll: I have a skoliosis and wonder if this new sympton could be related. But I don't have back pain etc.
Mermaid

Re: Who spills hot water on my leg?

Postby Yuliasir on October 4th, 2012, 7:51 am

I have a skoliosis and aso do not have back pain, so it does not always connected, however distorted spines might cause nerve entrapment and definitely cause blood circulation troubles...
What do you feel is a kind of sensory nerve irritation (not motor), so it might be rather quilified by doctors as sensory neuropathy. However somatic forms of anxiety might also mimic that type of neuropaties. Anyway with 20 years of twitching you might be rather easy about ALS... it never takes 20 years to catch a person...
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Gerard on October 4th, 2012, 4:43 pm

I started off with burning pains. Transient patches of burning that would last a few seconds then disappear. fascics kicked in a couple of months later. Over about a year, the burning pains slowly disapppeared.
Gerard

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management