pain in toes

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

pain in toes

Postby rog123 on September 26th, 2012, 12:43 pm

hi everyone, this is my first post. i have had bfs for four years now,mainly in my left calf but now all over my body, but recently been geting sharp nerve pain in my toes,just wondered if this was connected.
roger uk.
rog123

Re: pain in toes

Postby LApea on September 26th, 2012, 6:04 pm

rog123 wrote:hi everyone, this is my first post. i have had bfs for four years now,mainly in my left calf but now all over my body, but recently been geting sharp nerve pain in my toes,just wondered if this was connected.
roger uk.

I'm only 4 months in and I'm having a lot of pain in my toes, feet, fingers, and hands. Does this pain feel like a deep achy type feeling, like it feels tender to the touch? I think you will find that pain and bfs go hand and hand for a lot of people, myself include. Deep throbbing, crampy, sore pains..I have them all.
You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it. -Paulo Coelho
LApea
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby allmylove16 on September 26th, 2012, 6:11 pm

I have the same feelings as LApea, it waxes & wanes. I told my pcp that my big toe hurt so bad they checked for gout. I really don't understand the strange rheumatic symptoms. A rheumy dismissed me saying I didn't have RA but i definitely get joint flares :(
allmylove16

Postby rog123 on September 28th, 2012, 10:59 am

yes , it does feel like it is tender to touch, but i find it much worse when lying down, like in bed, but its seems ok when walking. thank you for the replys.
rog123

Postby jorge on September 29th, 2012, 5:00 pm

There is a connection. I also feel pain in hands and feet.
Transient pain started in the 5th month of BFS and was worse during winter.
jorge

Postby johnnythejet on October 2nd, 2012, 8:27 am

I've had BFS for over 7 years and definitely get sharp nerve pain in my toes and other areas. Also, it seems to be worse in the winter for me.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby plainslady on October 2nd, 2012, 11:30 am

I experience sharp nerve pains in my toes, heels and in random places in my legs every single day. This is a symptom that was less intense in the beginning of BFS than it is now. When I get particularly sharp ones it will cause me to jerk my entire leg in response. Yet another gift from BFS.

Frances
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Postby Scandinavian girl on October 2nd, 2012, 2:47 pm

i recognize all everyone is writing here. my pain comes suddenly and can last from seconds to hours and then change place suddenly.. from very intens to no pain or another place. is it like this for you? it must be nerve pain, read about neuropatic pain...
Scandinavian girl
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management