Protozoal Infection - interview of Medical Doctor

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Protozoal Infection - interview of Medical Doctor

Postby acudoc11 on August 15th, 2012, 2:24 pm

Buzzmike and Mitra...I appologize for over simplifying the issue of fats, antibiotics, medications and even alcohol. It's not that simple. When it comes to the liver and blood systems and how it all relates to BFS twitching/cramping from the CM point of view....... a practitioner needs to focus on several isues...... among which is the status of the liver and blood ascertaining whether it is an excess or deficiency pattern or is it a combination of both.......more than likely it is BOTH since it is extremely complex and usually long term in the making..... at which point it will more than likely require very different treatment strategies. The challenge from a CM point of view is that the person needs to be physically present with the practitioner.
Richard
acudoc11
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby acudoc11 on August 16th, 2012, 7:34 am

For anyone wishing to investigate BFS neurological symptoms further.....you might wish to read and have your physicians check this out.

This reminds me of medical doctors who still live in the dark ages and have difficulty understanding that we do not have to travel to third world countries to pick up certain bugs. The world has become a much smaller place.

Some are new "bugs" and even if they have been around for a long time....... unless the labs know what they are looking for.....a simple blood test is NOT going to find them. They are groping around in the dark looking for the one out of a possible three hundred trillion.

http://jcm.asm.org/content/46/9/2856.full
maxtoshow&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT&author1=Breitschwerdt&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&resourcetype=HWCIT
acudoc11
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Scandinavian girl on August 21st, 2012, 3:07 pm

i see the doctor think taking magnesium is a bad idea... specially in the long run..i have taken it for six mnds now..have anyone tried stop taking it after long time on? difference? it's confusing..someone recommends it, others says it bad.... opinions?
Scandinavian girl
Hero
Hero

Postby acudoc11 on September 6th, 2012, 10:16 am

Magnesium is a tricky issue. FIRST.....what kind of magensium? My search led me to - that it must be an amino acid chelated magnesium in order to have a proper pathway effect. Regular magnesium is not going to help and may be problematic by causing loose bowles.
It is ALSO not so simple as taking just ONE supplement. There are co-facors (other substances) that must be taken in order for the first one to work properly.
acudoc11
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Scandinavian girl on September 6th, 2012, 3:41 pm

hm...do you have a concrete magnesium product to recommend?
Scandinavian girl
Hero
Hero

Postby acudoc11 on September 9th, 2012, 10:14 pm

Since I cannot diagnose or treat long diatnsce ...... all I can suggest is search on the internet. Here is what one search produced regarding magnesium.
http://www.consumerlab.com/news/best_an ... 5_30_2012/

One of America's best-known doctors of integrative medicine, Dr Julian Whitaker MD, of Newport Beach, California, writes: "I often refer to magnesium as my favorite mineral, and with good reason. Magnesium has a known therapy effect on the heart and cardiovascular system; is involved in at least 325 enzymatic reactions throughout the body; helps maintain potassium in the cells; and is vitally important in healing wounds, muscular function, sleep, growth, and healthy pregnancy......."
acudoc11
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby BFSBurger on January 2nd, 2013, 5:54 pm

Just an update on this Dr. Fry. He is not published. He is not recognized by the medical community for any discoveries of any kind. He is only discussed by the (sadly) desperate folks on Lyme disease forums who are dying for help from someone. Unfortunately after a solid month of researching the Lyme disease scene I realized it is packed full of fraud physicians, many of which do not even have medical licenses. None of them accept insurance - demand cash out of pocket - and charge 2 - 10x what regular doctors charge, claiming that they're doing "cutting edge" work and risking their livelihoods by treating Lyme patients. Lots of talk about conspiracy theories and the NIH being out to get them, etc. Patient reports of dirty waiting rooms, thousand dollar office visits, 4 hour waits after flights from across the country, and nonstop upselling of supplements. Also the use of non recognized labs which work with these doctors, who always seem to kick out results of "infected" no matter what the pathogen, increasing the treatment protocol and therefore costs. I heard of people taking out second mortgages on their homes to pay for the whole thing. Sad.

Dr. Fry is in this scene. As of today (January 1, 2013) he has not published a single paper on this protozoa he says he discovered, nor any evidence that Biofilms in blood are truly a structural "net" for harboring pathogens from the immune system, resulting in chronic pathogen infection. Its an interesting theory, but he has done nothing to legitimize it, claiming that he's still verifying and proving it in his labs. That's fine, but some report that he's also treating people in the meantime, as if it were a fact. For thousands of dollars a pop. That is where the ethics problem comes in.

Check out this link: http://relative-risk.blogspot.com/2012/ ... -bugs.html Dr Fry is mentioned...
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management