New one, could this be BFS?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: New one, could this be BFS?

Postby Yuliasir on September 3rd, 2012, 6:46 am

I do not think the fracture itself results in BFS. but the circumstances... we have a feloow young man here, who got his BFS after rather mild car incident... so if your circumstances were related to severe stress and after-stress reactions, this might be still a cause.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Floydian on September 5th, 2012, 4:20 am

Since yesterday I have a very stiff jaw. Also my neck feels very stiff and painfull , especially while running and eating.
Is this also related to bfs?
Floydian
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby bobajojo on September 5th, 2012, 7:26 am

Floydian,
In a way, yes. Stress can cause you to clench your jaw during the day without you even realizing it. I have this too. By the end of the day, my jaw and tongue feel tired. Try breathing exercises and relaxing your jaw. -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Floydian on September 6th, 2012, 2:07 pm

My jaw feels a lot better now, I think as some people mentioned on this forum, everyday is like a surprise :)
The pain in my left arm is almost gone, still very stiff hands and fingers, but have a lot of tension and pressure on my forearm muscles.
Went to the fysiotherapist today for a massage, it really, really hurt, oh man... (I almost started to cry)
What I do notice is that my symptoms like pain, tingling, stiffness are much more present than my twitches (at least, I think they are)
And if I try to look at my twitches then they seemed to dissappear (I feel them but I can't always see them) :? Is that also common with bfs?
Floydian
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on September 6th, 2012, 11:13 pm

yep. our twitches often are fwlt as strong but in fact they are barely visible (like periocular muscle twitch)

I WAS crying last year on massage. my muscles were so really knotted - all the back from head to sitting pads :) first two massages were rather a torture. after that things become easier and I strated to feel myself better too.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Floydian on September 12th, 2012, 2:31 pm

Hi there, it's me again, :) I read a lot of stories here regarding "jerking", but how does one feel or experience that with bfs.
The last few days I have the feeling, in my arms, if there is a lump present in my muscle, just for a moment (it comes and goes).
I was wondering if that's the feeling of "jerking" or just another new symptom ?
Thanks again for your replies and support.
Floydian
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management