Puzzled

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Puzzled

Postby fargo on August 29th, 2012, 4:32 am

I found this in other forum and I don't know what to think about it:

http://www.scirp.org/fileOperation/down ... pe=journal

Probably that would explain my case to some extent / except muscle atrophy which I don't have / as it all seem to have started with spine problems . I'm just wondering if diet can have any impact on progression or is it my imagination :?:
It only shows that one can not get too excited when symptoms subside as it may only be temporarily..On the other hand there might be hope if anything can be done with these antibodies plus it can be an explanation for some cases here as I don't believe our symptoms though similar are of the same etiology ..
fargo

Re: Puzzled

Postby fargo on August 31st, 2012, 3:41 am

Interesting thing about this woman / in the paper/ is low sodium level.. I remember when it all started for me my blood pressure went down and I always caught myself thinking perhaps I should eat more salt as we hear everywhere how salt increases blood pressure, wondering if it could help with the persistent twitching in my right calf.. On the other hand, how much salt can one eat? :)
fargo

Postby Yuliasir on August 31st, 2012, 5:25 am

lethal dose is about 600 grams or so, if I remember correctly. But it means acute consumtion, and it is hard to imagine how anybody could eat more than a pound of salt at once ;) )
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby fargo on August 31st, 2012, 12:01 pm

I just visited curezone.com and there are plenty of twitchers there - I found some who actually admit that when their sodium level drops they feel terrible, with twitching, numbness , tingling, etc.. I made myself some salty salad today / definitely less than 600 grams of salt :) /and I could swear my right calf seems more quiet now but it still needs more verification :) It's just that I read somewhere that adding to much salt to your food for a longer period hardens your veins.. I'd still prefer salt to medications though..
fargo

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management