BBQ ribs recipe wanted...

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

BBQ ribs recipe wanted...

Postby Dale on September 1st, 2004, 9:20 am

I have no idea how to cook ribs on the BBQ - does anyone have some suggestions / recipes to share?

Thanks,

Dale
Dale
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby garym on September 1st, 2004, 2:12 pm

Dale,

What kind of ribs are you going to cook? Beef or Pork? Baby backs or spare?

If you are going to cook baby back pork ribs, I have a very easy but really good recipe. You take Lawry's season salt and apply liberally. Then you place them on the grill bone side down and cook about 20 minutes (depending on temp), then turn them and finish them out. I know it sounds simple, but they are great, IMHO.

If you are going to do other types let me know, and I share what I do. Can't guarantee that everyone will like them, but my family does.

Gary
garym

Postby amy_twitch on September 1st, 2004, 2:26 pm

Yummm...

Here's a good one I learned from my mom-in-law. It's a slow roasting-BBQ process. The slow roasting makes it so the meat literally falls off the bone.

Step One: Apply salt, pepper, garlic salt etc (or just use lawrys) to both sides of racks.
Set oven to 300 degrees. Put ribs in a big roasting pan and cover with foil. Slow roast the ribs for around two hours (or even longer). Turn ribs over half way through roasting.

Step two: Fire up your BBQ. Take the ribs and apply your favorite BBQ sauce. I make my own favorite sauce combo using half Bull's Eye Original and half Bull's Eye Spicy. Coat the ribs in sauce and cook over the BBQ a few minutes per side or until BBQ sauce becomes glazed onto the meat.

You can do step one ahead of time---even the day before you want to eat the ribs. After roasting, just keep them in the fridge, and then get them out when you're ready to BBQ them with the sauce.

Enjoy!

Amy
amy_twitch
Hero
Hero

Postby Floater on September 1st, 2004, 5:15 pm

cook pork ribs and season it with hot salt and herbs....remember dont ever put bbq sauce on your ribs,,, youll find that seasoned ribs are way better...good luck,,
Floater
Saint
Saint

Thank you!

Postby Dale on September 2nd, 2004, 3:02 pm

Thank you for your responses.

Let's hope I don't screw it up!

Thanks again,

Dale
Dale
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Thank you!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)