Summer BFS

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Summer BFS

Postby Carts on August 4th, 2012, 12:35 pm

This is the second summer I have had with BFS. It seems to me my symptoms are worse in the summer than any other time of the year? Has anyone else had this experience?
Carts
Interested
Interested

Re: Summer BFS

Postby bobajojo on August 5th, 2012, 5:51 am

Not me. My twitching has been very steady over the past 15 months. Is there anything going on in the summer for you? Does work change for you in the summer? Are your days busier? The mayo clinic told me bfs would likely wax and wane usually depending on stress levels. I'm still waiting for the calm period!
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Carts on August 5th, 2012, 7:05 am

Might be that I wear shorts and short shelves shirts and just notice it more.
Carts
Interested
Interested

Postby Yuliasir on August 5th, 2012, 8:23 am

for me only because summer is and was busy...
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby andrewbfs on August 5th, 2012, 11:06 am

I have noticed more symptoms in summer over other seasons. The twitching is probably about the same frequency, although it seems that I have more locations in the summer. I also have occasional tingling/electrical sensations in that I get every summer, but not at other times.
andrewbfs

Postby SecretAgentMan on August 8th, 2012, 11:07 am

In eastern medicine it is taught that the energy pathways in our bodies, known as meridians, go through not just daily but annual cycles. The summer months are when the heart and small intestine meridians are the most active and thus issues we have in these areas will be more apparent. I overcame my BFS because I decided to pursue eastern and alternative medicine when our traditional American and western system failed me. They wanted to prescribe me anti-depressants for the twitching even though I wasn't depressed.

Anyway, I had the existence of these subtle energy pathways validated to me through my experience, which is why I am a believer. Although I overcame my BFS, it all tied back to a particularly sensitive digestive system. The small intestines are very much related to our immune systems and our nervous systems. Anyone who's BFS came about similar to mine would most likely experience increased symptoms in the summer because of the very nature of this natural cycle in our energy pathways. This is my second summer of being BFS free but I still have to be more careful with my diet this time of year just because of my sensitive digestive system.
Last edited by SecretAgentMan on August 8th, 2012, 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby mwagner on August 8th, 2012, 12:19 pm

Interesting SAM! My symptoms seem much worse this summer, and it was last summer that I started really noticing/experiencing them. I may have to go back to the drawing board with my chiropractor in figuring out my food sensitivities.

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on August 9th, 2012, 10:27 am

Another tell tale sign that you have some digestive issues going on is if you feel your abdomen just below the rib cage slightly offset to the right side. This is the area where your liver is located. If it is tender to the touch then it means your liver is being stressed trying to remove all the toxins from your blood, which usually get there because your small intestine lets too much through. When it is functioning properly it does a much better job at filtering the bad out and letting the good in. Too many toxins also overtaxes your immune system causing it to over react and start attacking organs, joints and the nervous system. This was the case for me.

The doc I see said one of the biggest contributors that leads to our small intestines weakening is because of the crap that is in our tap water. If you drink or use tap water for your cooking, you are getting a nice diluted dose of all the waste that cycles through our municiple water supplies. Independend water testing shows time and time again that there are trace amounds of anti-depressants, birth control drugs, kemotherapy drugs, anti-biotics, and an entire slew of other drugs in our municiple water supplies. That doesn't even include the flouride, chlorine and other chemicals added to help sterilize the water. The best thing you can do is to switch to spring water. Its quality will of course depend on the source, but there is no better filter for water than the earth itself. 'Purified' drinking water causes me problems too. I'm not sure if its because of the things they add back in or if its the ozonation process, which my doc says is not good for us either, but I'd just stick to spring water. Its made a big difference for me.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby mwagner on August 9th, 2012, 11:11 am

I try to drink spring water the majority of the time. When I run out, I drink water from our Brita filter on our tap, which should take care of most the things you're talking about. However, I am strongly opposed to the amount of fluoride in our water. Fluoride is so toxic. And, we have absolutely no choice in the matter. It's awful. Not to mention, I think about it with my kids... I try to give them either organic milk or bottled water, the majority of the time. But, again when I run out of spring water, I have to give them our filtered water from the tap, which includes fluoride.

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management