Calcium.

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Calcium.

Postby justmistic on July 12th, 2012, 1:12 pm

So, my MRI came out clear several days ago. The morning before, though I was freaking out wanting the results, I was hardly twitching. I recently did the Chvostek's Sign on myself. You tap your cheek near where the upper and lower jaw meet. If your eyes, nose, or mouth twitch it suggests low calcium. It's about 75 percent accurate. I was positive for that and bought some Viactive. Today I woke up with my usual cramps and twitches and took a chew instead of flexeril. No cramps for several hours!!! First time in months. Btw, my calcium test was normal results. Has anyone else tried Viactive for this? (The calcium pills did not work the same.) I hope it continues to work. Try it?
justmistic

Re: Calcium.

Postby chicagobfs on July 12th, 2012, 10:02 pm

How much flexeril are You taking? How Long? Keep us posted with these candies :)
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby justmistic on July 12th, 2012, 10:45 pm

I was prescribed just one 10 mg to take each night before bed about two months ago, for a "neck strain" that I somehow just woke up with. I hadn't even mentioned the twitching to the doctor since it didn't phase me much (it had only been there for a week then) At first I didn't take it. Then my twitches and leg cramps became awful and I took one by chance. It magically reduced the twitching by about 80 percent and I was left with just a stubborn "about to cramp" calf. So for two months I've been taking 5 mg in the am and 5 in the pm. If I went without, it'd be very painful and irritating. Today is the first day 2 months I haven't taken one. I really think these calcium chews fix something. It's midnight and I am still comfortably uncramped....and right after I have the calcium...I can't induce the same facial nerve twitch...
justmistic

Postby chicagobfs on July 13th, 2012, 11:00 am

I take flexeril to help with tension headaches but it never decreased my twitching :wink:
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby justmistic on July 13th, 2012, 11:29 am

Oh and I used to get tension headaches before the flexeril - but I haven't had a bad one (like those three day long ones) since I started the flexeril. I became under the impression that the twitching is due to muscle tension. But I'm not sure. Nothing completely eliminates it yet. Now since I didn't take it yesterday I have a tension headache! Gahhh I had forgotten about those.
justmistic

Postby justmistic on July 13th, 2012, 11:45 am

how bad were your twitches? Maybe the flexeril helped because mine were every 10-11 seconds. But I know a lot of people's are!
justmistic

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management