I twitch all the time

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

I twitch all the time

Postby luluq07 on July 4th, 2012, 12:02 pm

I have been twitching for about 16 months and feel like it gets worse at times. Recently I have felt like when I lay down my arm or leg might jerk, it doesn't. But it makes me feel like its hard to relax. I feel like I have hit a point with. O more answers. Just sad and confused and wondering if this is really bfs or something else. Does anyone else twitch all the time? Myegs have been on fire recently. Makes it so hard to enjoy life!
luluq07

Re: I twitch all the time

Postby Lasszucken on July 4th, 2012, 1:40 pm

Hi Lulu.

Just a short answer. Lots of us twitch all day long, 24/7. My calves go 24/7.

Greetings,
Lasszucken
Twitching since about 1st of march 2012..
Lasszucken

Postby mwagner on July 4th, 2012, 1:50 pm

Yes. I twitch all the time. Some very rare occasions, it might stop for a day or so (like when I'm sick for some weird reason), and the frequency can be really bad some days and not so bad other days. But, it hasn't really stopped in the past year.

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby TwitchingDuck on July 4th, 2012, 4:41 pm

I twitch all the time for last 6 months. Pretty used to it now
TwitchingDuck

Postby Shanny63 on July 4th, 2012, 4:57 pm

I also twitch all the time...24/7 in feet and calves...everywhere else constant too....It's just bfs honey... :D
Shanny63
Saint
Saint

Postby KatieMG on July 4th, 2012, 7:01 pm

I twitch 24/7. A minute does not pass that I do not get one. When I try to lay still or go to sleep, my limbs jerk, etc. It's just the new normal with BFS I suppose.
KatieMG

Postby slomenick on July 5th, 2012, 1:12 pm

In periods of SUPER high anxiety.. not only do I twitch 24/7 but my body in general feels uneasy. Like it just wants to explode into a shaking fit at any second. I feel this a lot in my legs.. but Restless Leg Syndrome runs in my family. I have recently felt it in my arms too... almost like I just want to lay on top of my arm to make the feeling go away.

I can assure you twitching a lot if NORMAL, especially if you feel anxious about it. It is times I am most anxious actually that other symptoms come up that are way more bothersome than the twitching.. such as tingling and shaking. I have been dealing with this for 4 years.. and there have been long stretches where I feel completely normal and just feel a few twitches a day. Keep your head up, it will get better!
slomenick

Postby Chazsc on July 16th, 2012, 2:03 pm

I've been twitching since october 2011, and still no progress into finding out why these muscle spasms, and nerve mis-fires even started. I was diagnosed with bfs 1 month ago and was givin a pharmaceutical drug called flexeril. Which is a muscle relaxant. Still no clue as to what started it and no clue how to finish it. Im 18, and just graduated from school. The weirdest place ive had a twicth had to be in my nose, but ive experienced a twitch in every other muscle in my body. Where it appears most is my thighs or just every muscle below my waist. I would say i twitch every min or two if im lucky. I just hope that theres someone i can talk to, to get threw this.
Thank you.
Chazsc

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management