An Idea...

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

An Idea...

Postby lcanela on July 3rd, 2012, 3:43 pm

Hi all, this may sound stupid and maybe it is, but, how many of you have Jaw problems?

In m case my teeth are not placed properly and it makes me try to close my mouth in an unnatural way. I have read this causes stress, neck pain, and some other things like Buxism.

While reading about this condition and sometimes is common the Masseter muscle suffers hypertrophy and it causes pain by pressing the nerves... and many more things. Sorry I am not too technical , english is my second language and I read the article in spanish.

I really do not think this will be the cause for BFS, but I dont lose anything just asking if this is a common thing in our comunity??

Another question: how many of you work everyday sitting on a chair? in front of a computer?

Cheers.
lcanela

Re: An Idea...

Postby KatieMG on July 3rd, 2012, 4:22 pm

I have jaw problems! Have for many years.
KatieMG

Postby Yuliasir on July 3rd, 2012, 11:07 pm

Hi,
I suppose I have no jaw problems (I can not say my smile is a Hollywood one but still no dental crowding etc.). But I am working 12 hours a day sitting ahead of PC (I am a freelancer so there si no time limitations on working hours). One year of that was enough to get BFS 6)))
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby tastemaker on July 3rd, 2012, 11:53 pm

Yep, I also have jaw problems. I imagine mine to be just another symptom of stress in combination with an overbite.
tastemaker

Postby chrissi on July 4th, 2012, 2:48 am

Jaw problems are a quite common problem on this board BUT I would think that this is in many cases due to the personality of BFSers. Not for everyone of course, BUT a lot of BFS sufferers are just going through a very stressful phase in their lifes or are quite anxious/worying people and often tend to press or grind teeth which leads to TMJ problems. Besides that quite a big number are hypermobile persons who also very very often habe TMJ. Me and my sis need to get our TMJ fixed by an osteopath every year or so, I can really recommend it . But teeth have to be checked first because teeth problems can lead to quite a number of "static" problems in your body.If U can find a good dentist he or she will know about that and check for it .
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby chicagobfs on July 6th, 2012, 12:03 am

chrissi how does he fix TMJ? tell us more please
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby chrissi on July 6th, 2012, 1:43 am

I have no clue because I cannot see it. He puts on gloves and then sticks a finger in my mouth and then pulls on my ppper jaw and pushes and it is quite painful BUT afterwards it is completely gone. But as I am a jaw presser it always comes back after a few months
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby tamburia2 on September 22nd, 2012, 2:44 am

Hello, I take this post to say that I also have problems with the jaw.
My dentist says that if the jaw is not aligned causes many problems.
Is making me wear a byte.
A kind of plastic device nearly invisible to fit on the bottom teeth.
I must say that I feel a little better.
I'm a little less stiff in the neck.
My dentist says that over time it will also benefit your back and fasciculations may decrease.

I will let you know ... See you soon and hello to all!

Ciao Roberto
tamburia2
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management