Doctor Wanted to Co-Author Paper

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Doctor Wanted to Co-Author Paper

Postby pbohan on June 12th, 2012, 4:22 pm

I have collected a lot of data on BFS and written a statistical analysis paper on the subject. I have not had any luck getting it published, which is not overly surprising since I am not a medical professional and internet surveys are not considered highly scientific in the medical community. The help of a medical doctor, neurologist, or med student may make the article more appealing for journals. You can find the survey, data results, and our latest version of the paper at my web site:

http://patrickbohan.elementfx.com/BFS.htm

If a medical professional has any advice and or wants to help with the rewriting of the article (with their spin on the subject) that would be great. Let me know if you are interested or have any ideas. I am more than willing to share my data with any doctor or medical institution and am more than willing to recalculate data as you may see as fit. Heck, you can have the data and omit me from the author line if that is your wish. I just think there is a lot of good data and it would it should be put to some good use.

My initial goal is to show other BFS sufferers that others are going through the same and my secondary goal is to try to bring more exposure to the disorder.

Cheers
pbohan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Doctor Wanted to Co-Author Paper

Postby raindog on June 12th, 2012, 5:13 pm

pbohan wrote:I have collected a lot of data on BFS and written a statistical analysis paper on the subject. I have not had any luck getting it published, which is not overly surprising since I am not a medical professional and internet surveys are not considered highly scientific in the medical community. The help of a medical doctor, neurologist, or med student may make the article more appealing for journals. You can find the survey, data results, and our latest version of the paper at my web site:

http://patrickbohan.elementfx.com/BFS.htm

If a medical professional has any advice and or wants to help with the rewriting of the article (with their spin on the subject) that would be great. Let me know if you are interested or have any ideas. I am more than willing to share my data with any doctor or medical institution and am more than willing to recalculate data as you may see as fit. Heck, you can have the data and omit me from the author line if that is your wish. I just think there is a lot of good data and it would it should be put to some good use.

My initial goal is to show other BFS sufferers that others are going through the same and my secondary goal is to try to bring more exposure to the disorder.

Cheers

Patrick ive added this link and the link to your survey on my tumblr page. Hope its OK with you.

http://life-with-cramp-fasciculation.tumblr.com/
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby pbohan on June 12th, 2012, 6:00 pm

Raindog, thankyou. Any help is appreciated and I learned something from reading your page. I have pins and needles and numbness in hands and feet and they are always cold. This is the first time I saw that coldness was a symptom of paresthesias. It makes sense. I can be sitting in a 80 degree room sweating but my hands and feet are ice cold.
pbohan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management