Leg Pain

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Leg Pain

Postby blue123rd on May 27th, 2012, 6:07 pm

I have a numb leg and foot at times that never stops buzzing and paining. There are other times when it's not too bad. The same applies to my left arm at times as well. What can i do or take to reduce the pain. I'm seeing my doctor on tuesday?
blue123rd

Re: Leg Pain

Postby plainslady on May 27th, 2012, 7:10 pm

This is an excellent question...I have the same symptoms, though mainly in my legs. It seems when I manage to get rid of the pain, the buzzing just intensifies. Is it a nerve pain, or a muscular pain?

Frances
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Postby mike fla on May 28th, 2012, 2:25 pm

Heat, massage, stretching (but don't overdo it) and hot baths are the things that have helped me with my leg pain.
mike fla
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby chrissi on May 29th, 2012, 1:50 am

I had the same leg pain, the physio therapist I saw tested me with different positions she brought it in and said it is a nerve pain (sensory). Mine was so bad I honestly cried some days of pain. Helpful: strechting (piriformis strechtes and real stretches where the hand is brought to the floor), heat (deep heat) and GENTLE massages. Using this daily, my leg pain has gone, and it was really really bad.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby skinnywilson on June 1st, 2012, 9:38 pm

Stretch!!!
I am a PT with BFS and it always works for me.
skinnywilson
Interested
Interested

Postby 6t5frlane on June 12th, 2012, 3:30 pm

Right now I have very bad Calf pain. It's hurts just to walk
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby ag2002 on June 14th, 2012, 12:04 pm

I am assuming this is a musculoskeletal issue. Do not stretch until you make sure you do not have any trigger points. Trigger points are areas of the muscle (usually in the middle of the muscle) where the muscle has formed a knot. In order to find the trigger points you should find the points on the muscle that are extremely sensitive to any palpation of them. If you stretch without getting rid of your trigger points it could make the muscle tighter and cause more pain. Once you get rid of the trigger points you should stretch. Take a look at this website. http://triggerpointbook.com/
ag2002

Postby ag2002 on June 14th, 2012, 12:43 pm

Do you have any spinal or back problems?
ag2002

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management