New drugs for me! (Lamictal and Vitamin D)

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby ucdguy88 on March 5th, 2012, 8:13 pm

I was on Mirtazipine for a while but, it just made me really hungry and night and I slept way too much. My psychiatrist has decided that an appropriate treatment could be Lamictal. I'm on 25 mg a day for two weeks and then increasing to 50 after that. It turns out that I have a Vitamin D deficiency too. So in addition to this, I'm on 50,000 IU's in one capsule per week for 12 weeks and I have to take an additonal 2000 iu's a day.

I still have a heavy stiff right shoulder and upper arm. The same hand on that arm Im paranoid that when you abduct your pinky finger, it looks like a huge dent but again my doctor reassured me it cannot be als since in als, the other side of the hand ( abductor policis brevis and and first dorsal interossosus) shows atrophy first. Don't go trying to find anatomical guides and freak yourself out, we all have differences in out hands and please don't diagnose yourself it's the worst thing to do. I still have muscle twitches all over and my knee still gets stiff and i get random pains and muscle crap all the time. I'll keep everyone updated to see if this round of meds work!

Best as always
ucdguy88

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management