Chrissi's Therapy diary

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Chrissi's Therapy diary

Postby Jujulia on February 16th, 2012, 10:09 am

So, chrissi, when are we going to see you on video? This will be THE event of the year! :D
Jujulia
Hero
Hero

Postby chrissi on February 16th, 2012, 11:14 am

The doc is still on hoidays this week and next week
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby whatmeworry on February 17th, 2012, 9:53 am

really interesting! Thanks for sharing.
I'll need to see if I can start controlling my breathing, and see if anyone around here does this protocol.
what, me spell?
whatmeworry

Postby chrissi on February 19th, 2012, 12:33 pm

Updated: 3 weeks :)
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on February 19th, 2012, 12:58 pm

I really like what you are doing here, taking a whole body-mind approach to overcoming BFS. The body cannot go where the mind will not take it.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby chrissi on February 19th, 2012, 1:01 pm

That is why my doc sais, as long as the mind does not calm down, the body cannot and vice versae
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby Scandinavian girl on September 16th, 2012, 1:07 pm

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/hyperven ... ge3_em.htm

Overbreathing can also cause the calcium levels to drop in your blood, which may result in the following nervous system symptoms:
•Numbness and tingling (usually in both arms or around the mouth)
•Spasms or cramps of the hands and feet
•Muscle twitching

I find this interessting as I to day posted a question on whether it is possible that I breath to fast without knowing..
What stands here is my symptoms... Maybe this also happens at night and is (partly) the reason why many of us wake up with numbness and tingling (or NO feeling - as I do...) I've also started no notice that I catch my breath..
Scandinavian girl
Hero
Hero

Postby Scandinavian girl on September 16th, 2012, 1:16 pm

And have you people seen this page, interessting, recommend reading:

But I do not recognize the one side of the body description...

http://www.neurosymptoms.org/#/sensory- ... 4533052274

What are Functional Sensory Symptoms ?

Functional Sensory symptoms describe sensory symptoms anywhere in the body that are due to the nervous system not working properly. They are is not caused by damage or disease of the nervous system.

Patients with functional sensory symptoms can experience the following:

1. A feeling of altered sensation down one side of the body (more commonly the left) - usually involving the face, arm or leg in various combinations. This is sometimes called 'hemisensory syndrome'. Facial sensory disturbance alone is quite common.

2. A feeling that a limb just doesn’t belong to them or ‘part of them’.

3. Fleeting sensations - including twitches, buzzing sensations, electric shock sensations

4. Sometimes visual symptoms including intermittent blurrring and double vision and weakness (see 'Weakness' ) may be present on the same side of the sensory symptoms

To the patient and the doctor these symptoms can be alarming. They may make you wonder if you have had a stroke or multiple sclerosis.

However, functional sensory symptoms are not due to damage to the nervous system which means that they can get better or even go away completely.This is because when people have functional sensory symptoms all the parts of the nervous system are there, they are just not working properly so that your brain does not receive the messages in the normal way.

Scandinavian girl
Hero
Hero

Postby Lifewithbfs on September 16th, 2012, 3:00 pm

relapse : can you tell me about this, I had relapse after 9 weeks of whole over body twich . I am not going in now , and this time I have bad sensation , which make me crazy :cry:

Thanks for information , I will goingt to try breathing part , hope that's help me

Take care
Lifewithbfs

Postby leaflea on January 26th, 2014, 2:15 am

Hi Chrissi, I just found this most fascinating post of yours. Can you update how you feel the therapy worked? Especially as it relates to lymph and swelling. I had this problem just prior to developing the body wide twitches and am fascinated to learn of any association. You are basically talking about going gluten free and breathing and massage if we "boil it down" right? How strictly gluten free etc...? Thanks for answering, I so appreciate your time and insight!
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby chrissi on January 26th, 2014, 3:42 am

No I was not going glutene free, I was actually eating a lot of glutene. The diet was not constructed to avoid allergenes, but to avoid mechanical stimulants to the guts like high fibre, but stimulants to the blood sugar.
In the meantime another german twitcher wnt through it successfully.
The therapy was most helpfull for the extreme pain me and him went through. The twitching is a " fast responder" , it can easily be calmed down during meditation and ramp up within seconds with stress and anxiety, so it got better fast but was instable. The pain and swillings disappeared stable.
Tissue swellings are most likely caused by gut reactions, be it "stressed" guts like in my case, or food intolerances.
If your swellings are bad , you can try swimming regularly ( in my worst edema times, i had to go to the toilet every minutes during the first hour, whenever I went swimming. I started to weight before and after it, and it was not uncommon to lose 5 lbs in one hour just to the drainage effect of swimming.
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby leaflea on January 26th, 2014, 10:38 am

Wow. This is just fascinating. I use compression socks and elevation and have swelling well controlled. I lost 6 pounds the first week I started using compression socks. I noticed swelling in my arms also about the same time but it was determined not to be related to lymph. I had some episodes of swelling like this in the past in the legs, only occasionally every few years and it would pass. Last Spring this swelling kept happening daily and was very hard to make it stop. I also had a lot of foot and leg cramps at this time. From what I have been able to understand, that swelling in my arms that does not seem related to lymph can be related to nerves and "neuromuscular hyperexcitability." I noticed you used terms like these, and while I have some idea of what that means, I don't really understand it well.

I have noticed the twitching can start within minutes of stress as I had a relative 95% remission of symptoms for a couple of weeks after relief of fears of it (clean neuro and EMG) and it started again intensely upon hearing some very bad news a few days ago. Your information here though, is the first I have seen where the twitching and lymphedema swelling might be related.

Europe is far advanced from the US for lymphatics, the US does not have a single medical school with a specialty in this important body system! European medicals schools do. Doctors here are really ignorant about lymphatics. A chiropractor here theorized the swelling might cause the twitching. What I want to learn is if they are related, and if so, what might be causing both? Trying to figure out the swelling caused me great stress over the summer and then I noticed the twitching right after many studies and tests to determine the swelling was benign (but still so very rare and mysterious). So, if you could tell me what causes "stressed" guts and what might a food intolerance be? I do have a rather high fiber diet (psyllium husk) and always thought it was good for me. Maybe not?

Feel free to Private Message me if you are more comfortable, or maybe this might be helpful to people in the future who search terms like "lymph." I had searched "lymphedema" on this site and nothing came up before. This is very, very valuable information to me. If I get to Germany I will take you for a wonderful dinner or something! Actually, I will be in Rostock/Varnemunde and Kiel in early July.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management