FOOD=twitching??

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

FOOD=twitching??

Postby lovinmylittleboys on February 18th, 2012, 2:01 pm

I rarely come on here anymore, but I feel the need to share my story incase it will help others. I started twitching about 2 ish years ago. I started having a constant tongue twitch about 1.5 years ago. Ya, I pretty much went off the deep end! Self testing and starring at my tongue alllllll day....it was pathetic really. Anyhow.....I decided to make a change. I got off this board, away from all high anxiety twitchers, started exercising and completely changed my diet! Now, I am not sure which of these things made me so much better (prob all), but I noticed the food has been a HUGE factor! I have always eaten semi healthy, but really ate too much processed food and fast food. I read a huge study about processed foods and cancer and decided to make a change. Some studies suggest that eating processed meats may increase your risk of colorectal, kidney and stomach cancer. Processed meats include hot dogs, bologna, sausage, ham and other packaged lunch meats. These meats are frequently high in calories, saturated fats and sodium. I thought, if it can cause cancer....whos to say it doesnt cause twitches?!? So I did an experiment. I cut out ALL processed foods....this meant no boxed dinners, packaged crackers, cookies......well anything processed. I ate fresh fruits, veggies, steak and chicken. I noticed SO many differences in my body.....less tired, less anxiety and YES LESS TWITCHES!!!! Along with loosing a muffin top, I lost some twitches!!!! I kept this up for several weeks and my twitches were down to only a few a day!!! I thought it was a fluke so tried eatting hamburger helper......TWITCHES BACK UP! Im not saying this is a cure, but hey its made a huge difference for me...so thought I would share! Also, I be sure to get enough water throughout the day. I am back to eatting breads but will continue to stay away from the processed garbage. Have you ever researched what goes into these foods......just look at the ingredients....bet you can't pronounce half of them!!!! So if we can dramatically lower our chances of cancer and help twitches....worth a shot IMO!
Misery LOVES company........
lovinmylittleboys

Re: FOOD=twitching??

Postby twitcherHH on February 18th, 2012, 4:08 pm

After reading about the possible connection between gluten intolerance and neurological problems here, I also switched to a gluten-free diet (which also means no processed food) to try if it helps me. And after a month or so, I have to say, I feel so much better. No more IBS, no more reflux, no problems with flatulence, much more energy, lost 20 pounds. And if I eat even a small piece of bread, I again feel sick for 1 or 2 days.

But, alas, it hasn't changed my twitching and muscle pain at all.
twitcherHH
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Silverbullet on February 18th, 2012, 4:34 pm

Thanks for that, I am going to take your advice and try to eat more healthy. I do the exercise but I must get more into it as I used to. I guess it's just getting back into a routine

Thanks Martin
Silverbullet

Postby chicagobfs on February 20th, 2012, 1:04 pm

Eating healthy doesn't mean not eating gluten. Only people with gluten intolerance ( there is several different types) should avoid gluten. I believe that there is nothing wrong with gluten if you body can digest/process it. I have been on gluten free diet for 2 months and there was no change in my symptoms.
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)