Having a real bad day

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Having a real bad day

Postby Nigel555 on October 30th, 2002, 12:29 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm having a real back day, I know this is not to do with BFS but I just feel very down I need some friends around me,

Just got back from Hospital I went in to see if I had a hiatus hernia so I had a camera put down in my stomach and they found I have polyps in my stomach and they have took biopsys to see if they are cancerous, so now I'm worried sick and I won't know the results not for two weeks

I just pray to god my results will turn out all OK

Nigel
Nigel555

Postby Debbs on October 30th, 2002, 8:00 pm

Hey ya Nigel,

Im with you buddy, hoping and praying and believing that your results just like Bfs will return totally benign. Keep your chin up okay stay positive, we are right here for ya.. :D

Deb
Debbs

Postby Davidd on October 30th, 2002, 9:17 pm

I'm right behind Debbs on this one...keep those positive thoughts going through your head. I hope everything turns out ok when you get your results back. Try to relax in the mean time as much as you can. I know it's easier said than done, but try.

Keep us posted.

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Arron on October 30th, 2002, 11:16 pm

Nigel, hang in there buddy. Just remember that MOST nodules, polyps and tumors are NOT cancerous and are benign, OK? Even if it is cancer (god forbid), it seems like you caught it a LOT earlier than most people would have and with today's tecnology with hormone therapy, better, more precise radiation, better treatments with meds and so on, it is on the very high scale of being totally cureable :-) We're with ya man!
Arron

Postby SusanSid on October 31st, 2002, 1:09 am

Hey Nigel,
Hang in there. I agree with Aaron. If they were polyps, they have caught it early, and....most likely they're benign. Try and not let your imagination run amuk, as we are all such experts at. Let us know the results when you get them.
Sue
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Nigel555 on October 31st, 2002, 5:20 am

Hi everyone,

Just want to thank you all so very much for your kind thougths, its so good to know you have friends around u when you need them THANKS

One thing I have notice my twitching and jerks have got worse since yesterday due to the worry :(

Regards Nige
Nigel555

Postby Davidd on October 31st, 2002, 5:44 am

Nigel--

Try not to let the increase in twitching worry you. I think it happens to all of us that way (I know it happens to me). When we are under stress, the twitching is worse. Good luck with everything...I hope all turns out ok.

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jen on November 5th, 2002, 10:39 pm

Hang in there Nigel! I'll be thinking positive thoughts about you. I had a benign polyp (won't say where :oops: ) removed 11 years ago. I still remember the panic that it sent me into. It took a few months for everything to settle down. I've learned well from that experience that it is unproductive to worry about the unknown. Of course, that's easier said than done!! It all worked out for the best for me. The procedure to remove the polyp fixed another problem that I was unaware of, and within months I became pregnant with my 3rd son. Sometimes good things can happen after the bad. Keep the positive thoughts up, and keep us posted. We're here for you :)
Jen

Postby Nigel555 on November 14th, 2002, 5:49 am

Hi everyone

Just to say I have just got back from the hospital and its good news they're benign, the Doctor said they looked wrost and what they was

But thanks again for all your suport its good to know you have friends when u need them

Cheers Nige
cheers Nigel
Nigel555

congrats!

Postby jblack on November 15th, 2002, 7:12 pm

Good news nigel! I'm so relieved, I can only imagine how you must feel. Faith justified once again...keep it always.

jesse.
jblack

Postby SusanSid on November 15th, 2002, 11:29 pm

Nigel,
What wonderful news! Enjoy!
Sue :D
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Davidd on November 16th, 2002, 2:41 pm

Congrats on the news!!

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Debbs on November 16th, 2002, 7:08 pm

Hey Nigel,

I can see you grinning from ear to ear, and Im smiling with ya, fantastic news !!!

Deb
Debbs

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management