Tongue Twitching

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Tongue Twitching

Postby chrissi on December 12th, 2011, 4:10 am

I will send you, unfortunately the page is in german. the chin twitch there is nothing to worry about, it only shows one reflex and the following twitching
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby Jujulia on December 12th, 2011, 12:55 pm

Bfshopeful, feel free to give your opinion about those videos... I'm too scared to watch them, but I would be very glad to hear your comments!

P.S. Sometimes my tongue feels "tired"... I don't know if it's for real or not... but it's so annoying. Have you ever experienced that feeling?
Jujulia
Hero
Hero

Postby chrissi on December 12th, 2011, 1:08 pm

Jujulia he answered to my PM, saying that his tongue twitches lok not at all like that.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby Jujulia on December 12th, 2011, 1:17 pm

I glad for him then! even though I haven't watched them...

Thanks Chrissi.
Jujulia
Hero
Hero

Postby chrissi on December 12th, 2011, 1:24 pm

Oh you can jujulia, definately...if your tongue would look like that your neuro would have told you you have a major problem...a blind man can see that THIS is nothing benign in the vid..
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby bfshopeful on December 12th, 2011, 10:56 pm

my tongue does feel tired sometimes...i have a real problem with playing with my tongue though...i have now realised that I can make my tongue twitch by tensing it....im really just pizzed off now...not even scared...just pizzed
"It's mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."
bfshopeful
Saint
Saint

Postby bfshopeful on December 12th, 2011, 10:59 pm

the video does look pretty bad...nothing that I see in my mouth...u would freak if ur tongue did that....unfortunately I don't know what stage that was so it really only lessoned my anxiety a lil.
bfshopeful
Saint
Saint

Postby Jujulia on December 14th, 2011, 3:12 pm

Now it's the bridge of my nose that's twitching like crazy... new hot spot I guess… let's hope all these twitches and hot spots are truly benign. :?
Jujulia
Hero
Hero

Postby johnnythejet on December 14th, 2011, 3:34 pm

Jujulia wrote:Now it's the bridge of my nose that's twitching like crazy... new hot spot I guess… let's hope all these twitches and hot spots are truly benign. :?

Hope all you want, but its not gonna change the nature of things. All those twitches ARE benign, and always will be.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Jujulia on December 14th, 2011, 3:55 pm

Thanks Johnny...

Oh, and nice picture by the way!
Jujulia
Hero
Hero

Postby Mark S on December 14th, 2011, 11:19 pm

My tongue did and does twitch...off and on....not constant...for about 7 years :D
Mark S
Saint
Saint

Postby bfshopeful on December 15th, 2011, 2:12 am

That is reassuring. Thank you. I am fine when it doesn't, but some some reason when it starts I freak again. At some point I have to realise that it is just another twitch.
bfshopeful
Saint
Saint

Postby bfshopeful on December 22nd, 2011, 4:28 pm

I went to nuero today and he saw my tongue twitch. Says he isn't too concearned but giving me bulbar region emg to make sure. I have that scheduled for January 13th. If history repeats itself I'm sure it will come back normal. It is a little nerve racking, but is what it is. I'll let you know what happens.
bfshopeful
Saint
Saint

Postby Mark S on December 22nd, 2011, 11:35 pm

Dont worry - you joined 2 years ago...it's just benign twitching. The tongue twitching is scary though and perhaps more bothersome are the annoying inner ear twitches. Madness!

U r ok.
Mark S
Saint
Saint

Postby anxietyridden on January 16th, 2012, 5:36 pm

I wanted to share how my "obsession" with my tongue and its movement/twitches/quivers/spazzes and swallowing began. A couple months ago I was eating chicken, and I had not (in my opinion) been feeling anxious for a while. Anyway, thought I was going to choke and the chicken would not go down. I freaked out and couldn't finish eating. Maybe a week or so later I felt I couldn't swallow some pizza. Since then I started examing my tongue's every move. I've had twitches for 2 years or so and NEVER thought about my tongue much, didn't seem to twitch but I was so terrified and on egg shells waiting for my tongue to start. Now I can't stop thinking' obsessing and looking at my tongue. It shakes SO severely when I stick it out a little ways or all the way. I mean it quivers and shakes on the sides and the tip and middle' especially when I try to hold the tip as far down as I can on my chin. I think I've read about every tongue post on this site. I still am terrified that this is not "normal". I'm a dental hygienist and trust me I've been inspecting each and every one of my patient's tongues to see what their tongue is doing. Nobody's seems to move around like mine. I feel like I have a clicking' involuntary swallow in the back of my throat, so of course I'm concerned my hypoglossus is involved, which isn't a good sign. This stuff is all so hard to come to terms with.
anxietyridden

Sponsor

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to The Support Group