The BFS collection...

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

The BFS collection...

Postby chrissi on November 14th, 2011, 6:15 pm

It was this May, I thought I was about to die from some very nasty disease. Something was very wrong with me, over night I got terrible stiffness, twitching, tons of pain, my legs were so shaky and achy I could hardly walk. I had lost almost complete dexterity of my hands, the ones I earn my money with. My self confidence was completely destroyed after some docs telling me it was all psychological....my hubby put me to hospital because I almost could not get up at all from pain and shakyness. And they sent me home in even worse shape and with a pack of zoloft.....at home, I could do nothing but lie in bed and cry about my fear. I almost could not handle anything here, my mum and my pregnant sister had to come and care for my kids. Then I got mail....I was accepted in taking part at a quite famous craft skills exhibition here with my stuff. I had hoped soooooooooo much that they accept me, as they reject a huge percentage of applicants...and now I knew: I cannot handle it. My hands were so shaky, I could not hold a needle. How should I prepare for this? I wanted to cancle, but then I found this forum. Found people that had this same crap. People that had been where I was now, and had gotten over it. I talked to my hubby: I will try it. So in the beginning, I started with 15 minutes a day, my achy and shaking hands could not handle more (some might remember my bad tremor video). The rest of the time, I spent here. Finding support and reassurance when I needet it. And I found friends, peolpe that supported me and showed me their progress, making me confident and sure: I will get there and can do it!! There were many evenings when I was up here, working and in the meantime getting support via skype and chat. I was never alone here, every single day that I tried to work , I had the window open at my computer with my fellow twitchers. And, step by step, it got better. Somehow I beat the fear, I learned to work in spite of my tremors I still have, and I learned to live with the constant pain, which is always here but cannot stop mefrom doing what I want anymore.
And this saturday, I will take part with my "BFS collection". I am proud of myself for beating this monster, but I am also proud to be part of this community because I have seen how much support there is, how people can help each other. So I also want to say thank you guys, I could DEFINATELY not have done this without you, even if most of you are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from me. Here are my pictures, I made 268 items (not all on pics):
https://picasaweb.google.com/Labormaus2007/Weihnachtsmarkt?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPWz4qHiqtParAE&feat=directlink
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Re: The BFS collection...

Postby chrissi on November 14th, 2011, 6:17 pm

Oh yes, one big thing: thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you robynn. For everything!!
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby bobajojo on November 14th, 2011, 6:46 pm

I love it Chrissi! The designs are so cool. I just showed them to my wife and we want to order some whenever they are available for sale! I wish you the best of luck this weekend! Congratulations on being accepted. That is fantastic! -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby chrissi on November 14th, 2011, 7:00 pm

Thank you Matt :)
I have never thought about selling stuff to the US LOL, hopefully we will get a different exchange course soon sop it is not that expensive.
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby Shanny63 on November 15th, 2011, 5:30 am

chrissi u are so clever....and im very impressed with the princess shanny collection... :D ....thank u my friend youve made my day...
Shanny63
Saint
Saint

Postby mommylondon on November 15th, 2011, 9:13 am

Chrissi, you are such an amazing person, and I'm always so impressed by your positive attitude and your compassion for others.....and your collection is adorable and I love my mermaid one :D

I know you have had alot of pain with all this and I hope that you continue to push through this and continue to do what you love because I have every faith in you that you can whoop BFS's a$$ :mrgreen:

Take care Chrissi, speak with you soon

Robynn :D *hugs*
Quote: To mend the hearts of everyone that feels alone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd6BlNKCkRs
mommylondon
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on November 25th, 2011, 6:15 pm

Chrissi you have real talent and the designs are superb. If you are selling any i'd like to order this one.....

My wife is always asking me to dress up as a fireman :lol:

My best wishes
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby chrissi on November 26th, 2011, 3:15 pm

If she asks you to dress up as a sexy fireman I will sew a string tanga and put a fireman on the front...and I will sew it for free if you post a pic here.....no, honestly, of course I sell stuff to everywhere.
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on November 27th, 2011, 5:30 am

chrissi wrote:If she asks you to dress up as a sexy fireman I will sew a string tanga and put a fireman on the front...and I will sew it for free if you post a pic here.....no, honestly, of course I sell stuff to everywhere.

Classic stuff Chrissi ...not sure about a string tanga though, it would'nt stop on a minute :lol: :lol:
raindog
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)