Post count and a few questions.....

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Post count and a few questions.....

Postby RandyR on October 25th, 2011, 3:50 pm

I noticed that I have over 400 post's in less than a years time, thats embarrasing to me. I have spent countless hours on the computer since my first twitch. They were days that I would spend 8+hours a day just going back and forth between here, facebook, and a knife forum that I am a member of. I was getting alot of double vision from eye fatigue, my shoulders and neck was hurting so bad and I could not understand why. Well after starting a walking and biking program all of that stuff went away and I was getting so much better.

Well the last few weeks I started back tracking again and sitting at the computer for hours at a time, now my eyes, neck, back, and shoulders are back to bothering me. My mind goes into panic mode, Is this BFS?!?! :shock: No!, it's me being ignorant and starting my hyperchondriac routine again.

Here is how it starts for me:

1.) New symptom! :shock:

2.) Run to aboutbfs and start searching ferociously! :x

3.) Find some bad info... :o

4.) Repeat steps 2 and 3... :roll:

Just when I think I have BFS backed in a corner it counters with a right hook and wobbles me. I'm not backing down though, just need some time in my corner for a breather......

Why do we do this?

Why do we need reasurrance over and over, I was never this weak minded before....
PAX ARMIS ACQUIRITUR

But they who wait upon the lord shall
renew their strength; they shall mount up with
wings as Eagles; they shall run, and not be
weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.(ISAIAH 40:31)
RandyR
Hero
Hero

Re: Post count and a few questions.....

Postby Wells05 on October 25th, 2011, 4:00 pm

Randy I do the exact same thing, thats why it has taken me so long to recover and finally realize I DO NOT HAVE ALS. what our problem is any sign we think we are developing it, this sucks I know. What I'm doing is anytime I see a post that will scare me I don't read it. I don't google things anymore, symptoms ect. Hell I can't even stare in the mirror lately because I think my face has a dent like its atrophying. Trust me Randy we all go through this! You will get back to the right mind frame with in day's. Have a great day Randy, your so great! Ashley
Wells05
Hero
Hero

Postby RandyR on October 29th, 2011, 12:37 pm

Wow, 39 views and one comment..... :lol:

Thank you Ashley, and do not worry about your face because that is not going to atrophy, BfS would never cause atrophy in any muscle... :D
PAX ARMIS ACQUIRITUR

But they who wait upon the lord shall
renew their strength; they shall mount up with
wings as Eagles; they shall run, and not be
weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.(ISAIAH 40:31)
RandyR
Hero
Hero

Postby SuziQ on October 31st, 2011, 6:20 pm

LOL. Some people fret about their post counts. I've never understood why.

Not every post on the forum is because you are desperate and need reassurance. Some may be, but there will be lots of other times (more than not, ) when you will be helping a newbie, or just kibbitzing with other boardies.

Back in the day when I first joined this forum, there was a great sense of camaraderie amongst us bfs'ers. We were friends who genuinely enjoyed each others' cyber-company, and shared many wonderful and edifying conversations. I always felt safe with my bfs family.

Blessings,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby Shanny63 on October 31st, 2011, 8:21 pm

Randy u are too funny.. :lol: ...I'm a fellow hypochondriac...I understand...Your not weak minded if anything your the opposite...too intelligent for your own good....that's what's wrong with all of us, were too clever for our own good...we think too much, we research too much...my neuro said if I was as dumb as mud I'd be happier.....u know he's absolutely right.... :lol:
Shanny63
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)