What's your biggest fear, honest

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

What's your biggest fear, honest

Postby kstoruk on September 12th, 2011, 6:02 pm

Mine is not death, it's suffering, and not my suffering, that of my close ones.
kstoruk
Hero
Hero

Re: What's your biggest fear, honest

Postby bobajojo on September 12th, 2011, 6:07 pm

Mine is not seeing my boys grow up... or worse yet, not being there for them.
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby MissBehavin on September 12th, 2011, 6:21 pm

My children growing up without me and my husband being alone. Not that I think I'm the center of their universe, but I lost my mom suddenly when I was 40, we weren't even that close. But when I saw the ripple effect it caused- my Dad and my niece that they were raising it really affected me. Coincidentally that is when my health anxiety started-go figure, don't need a therapist to tell me about that.
MissBehavin
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby RandyR on September 12th, 2011, 6:40 pm

God....
PAX ARMIS ACQUIRITUR

But they who wait upon the lord shall
renew their strength; they shall mount up with
wings as Eagles; they shall run, and not be
weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.(ISAIAH 40:31)
RandyR
Hero
Hero

Postby mommylondon on September 12th, 2011, 8:35 pm

Me not being here or being able to protect my children....when all of this first started my now 16 yr old daughter, but then barely 15, turned up pregnant...she did end up mis carrying but I never forgave myself for not being there more for her because I was to focused on dying when she needed me...but that was the thing that *beep* me off just enough to kick my ass off the couch and get back in the game. :D
Quote: To mend the hearts of everyone that feels alone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd6BlNKCkRs
mommylondon
Saint
Saint

Postby Shanny63 on September 12th, 2011, 10:38 pm

Not being there for my children and grandchildren....and I don't want to suffer when I die.....I watched my dad and brother both die as vegetables in a hospital bed with massive brain damage caused by aneurysms...I don't want to go that way...that's when my health anxiety amped up too following the death of my brother....
Shanny63
Saint
Saint

Postby chrissi on September 13th, 2011, 1:51 am

Not being there for my children.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby MissBehavin on September 13th, 2011, 6:44 am

Shanny63-thats it isn't it? It's been talked about before on here. It's the things we can't control. We live healthy lifestyles, drive safe cars, don't take risks, and then you find out that all the precautions that you take could be for nothing. Loss of control- for me- is unacceptable! My mom's death was also aneurysms, then a year later my sister was diagnosed with an abdominal aneurysm, she had surgery and came out ok. So, I think for me the fear is something I can't control taking me off the ride before I am ready. Now, though I tell myself that you never really know so I might as well live life to the fullest. I'm not gonna sit around and wait for something to happen.
MissBehavin
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Shanny63 on September 13th, 2011, 7:00 am

Absolutely right miSsbehavin, I can't cope with not having control....I seriously am a control freak...there I said it...you know when I fly I freak out because I think if I could just sit up there and help the pilot the plane won't crash... :lol: ..total control freak...yes and having a twitching body makes me feel out of control...your right that's what it is....
Shanny63
Saint
Saint

Postby kstoruk on September 13th, 2011, 7:14 am

I agree with control, i don't smoke, i eat healthy, i work out, i don't drink, i don't do drugs but still i got this crap. Well i agree with forrest gump just that life is not a box of chocolates, it's a box of sheep *beep* pellets.
kstoruk
Hero
Hero

Postby MissBehavin on September 13th, 2011, 7:46 am

Lol, I think I give new meaning to control freak. When we go somewhere I have to drive. I don't mind flying, but when we took the kids to Florida I had a panic attack the whole way, something about trusting your kids lives to someone else. This week my husband has to take the kids to the fair because I can't put them on the rides.
Funny thing is I was never this way until I had kids. I cringe everytime they get invitations for sleepovers or outings. I hate the thought of someone else driving around with them. But, I paste on a smile and pretend I'm happy for them, I don't let them see that I'm freaking out and I don't want my "quirks" to affect them or stop them from living life...Yikes I'm a freak!
MissBehavin
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby munecagirl22 on October 10th, 2011, 1:14 am

Them keep telling me i dont have ALS ans then i do.... and i suffer a slow death and loved ones have to see it, and not being able to show God that i can help this world thru me and being able to have a family.. i havent been able to even have a baby... maybe God is doing it for a reason:I(
munecagirl22

Postby kstoruk on October 10th, 2011, 9:05 am

Stop thinking God did this to you, it leads to complicated relations to our imaginary friends, we try to find reason in chaos and that's ok, but punishing yourself thinking you sinned or did something wrong is not ok, bad things happen to good people too. The only exception is that this is not that bad after you eliminate the stress that it causes and stop focusing on every thing that happens to your body, try to do stuff and you will see that you can, so what if you drop your keys every now and then, it happens to me too but i don't dwell on it, trust me it happened also before you got this but you wouldn't care that much. You can still do whatever you want to achieve, you just have to realize that, you're not disabled, are you in debilitating pain? Do you have muscle paralysis? no? Then there's no excuse to live your life to the fullest.
kstoruk
Hero
Hero

Postby munecagirl22 on October 11th, 2011, 1:43 am

yah i know... iam trying.. its just hard right now for me...
munecagirl22

Postby plainslady on October 11th, 2011, 7:47 am

My biggest fear is outliving my children. I am terrified of this...which is weird considering I've been so preoccupied with my own death. I always worry about my kids when they are out of my sight, even while they're at school. I've even gone to the school just to peek inside their classroom and make sure they are there.

I probably drive my nearly 13 year old son insane. He has asthma and is frequently sick with respiratory illness. We cannot get it regulated well enough for him to participate in sports and any slight cold will trigger it. He always tells me I need to stop worrying but it is so hard. Zoloft has helped tremendously with my preoccupation with my health, but yet I still worry constantly about my kids.
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)