Pop, pop, pop, pop....

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Pop, pop, pop, pop....

Postby bobajojo on September 9th, 2011, 7:28 am

Last night was one of the worst nights yet (from twitching, my anxiety has gone way down). I'm battling a cold right now and have to wonder if its worse because my body is fighting a virus. As I laid down to go to sleep last night, everything was popping at once. My lower back, abdomen, butt, and shoulders were all popping at the same time. My butt has been going for 48 hours straight. If I sit down, it will start up. I can change my position and get it to stop momentarily but as soon as I put weight back on my butt, it starts up again. Crazy.

The good news... I haven't had sleep starts since Monday night! I thought those were going to stay with me for life! Even if they come back, I'm happy for 3 jerkless nights. -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Re: Pop, pop, pop, pop....

Postby plainslady on September 9th, 2011, 8:26 am

I haven't been sick since the twitching started, but I imagine any stress on your immune system will make the symptoms worse. Every system in our bodies work together, so when one is stressed the others take on an extra load. My mom has a chronic pain condition that is nearly unbearable for her when she's sick.

I had one of my worst days day before yesterday when I had to spend time with a family member I don't get along with. It was amazing to see how much my symptoms increased just from the added anxiety of being around him. That night I was popping all over the place and I was well into yesterday afternoon before it settled back down.

My humble advice would be to try and focus on the positive...no sleep starts! I hope you get some relief soon from both your cold and the pops! ~Frances
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Postby bobajojo on September 11th, 2011, 6:08 pm

Widespread twitching is one thing but this is ridiculous! For the past several days, I've been getting real thumpers all over my body continuously. Right now, I have about 3 hotspots that have been going all day. The weird one is on the inside of my left thigh, like up towards my groin.... just thump, thump, thump, constantly. My shoulders and back have been popping pretty regularly too. I've been laying on the couch watching football and my body is just popping, pulling, and thumping all day. So frustrating. The only thing that gives me relief (temporarily) is if I stretch out my legs. The thumping will stop for a few minutes but then soon start right up again.

I've been making some real progress with my anxiety over the past couple weeks and I'm not letting this get in the way of that. But there is a part of me that wonders if my situation is different than most others on here because of how many I get and the fact that they are all over at the same time. I wish I had single muscle twitches that moved around but these are multiple twitches that occur simultaneously. Uggggh. Just venting. -Matt
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby MarioMangler on September 11th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Don't take this the wrong way, but I doubt your number of twitches is even in the top 50% of the people on the board. Sorry man but you are just a plain old BFSer like the rest of us. :D
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby bobajojo on September 11th, 2011, 7:57 pm

Definitely won't take it the wrong way. I'm not diminishing anyone else's twitching at all, TRUST ME! I know how frustrating BFS is and I feel like we're all in this together! It's just that I don't often read people say that they have multiple hotspots at the same time and that's normal for me. But I know you're right... everyone on here experiences lot of twitching, that's why they're here. It's all in my head. Thanks for replying Mario.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Shanny63 on September 11th, 2011, 8:24 pm

Hi Matt, I have two hotspots going at the moment..my feet and my right butt cheek....seriously it feels like someone keeps twanging my butt cheek....my feet have been going for weeks now...I'm reasonably fed up with them...so now my butt wants to join in....and believe me there big thumpers..my husband actually said to me yesterday, is your butt cheek twitching cos he could see my jeans move.... :lol: ...and yeah I think the anxiety is playing tricks on your mind...I'm the same..I was convinced the other day that I'm the only one with crampy feet and then I read some of the old posts and there are heaps of others like me....so keep working on your anxiety, you have been doing so good....your a bit of an inspiration to me, cos we have been twitching for the same amount of time and you seem so much better with your anxiety than me....I'm jealous.... :lol: ..

Anyway I hope your hotspots settle down soon....best wishes shannon
Shanny63
Saint
Saint

Postby chrissi on September 12th, 2011, 3:34 am

Heym I'm sharing the thightto groin hotspot since last night. My cold is gone, but my worse-than-ever-twitching is still here.. :roll: This sucks. I mean, I have two kids in kindergarten so I will be coughing, sniffing and most likely sometimes throwing up for the whole winter....if BFS always gets worse from that, OMG.... :shock:
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby plainslady on September 12th, 2011, 7:43 am

Matt,
I get multiple hotspots at once. The past few days it has been both my forearms and my right inner thigh, yep, in the groin area. That one drives me nuts!!! I only got three hours of sleep last night so today is going to suck I have a feeling. While I was laying in bed this morning I had these random twitches from beside my ear to my toes. No rhyme or reason, but pretty much continuous. All this after a day yesterday where I had it easy. Hang in there...I'm working on my anxiety too and when I have days like this I just have to focus on the days like yesterday when it's not so bad. Otherwise I would go totally crazy.
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Postby bobajojo on September 12th, 2011, 1:20 pm

My inner thigh is still going strong and my tongue has been going constant all day. It's mostly on the left side of my tongue but I also see random ones in the middle of my tongue. Not a good week. The tongue twitches really freak me out and if my inner thigh doesn't stop thumping away, I may cut if off.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby chrissi on September 12th, 2011, 1:40 pm

Oh yes I HATE the tongue ones. I have them in the middle of the tongue as well. It feels like electrical currents buzzing there, and when I take a look at it theres a little "hole" from a little fibre going on-off-on-off.....It looks absolutely freaky :shock: And ALWAYS when I got the tongue ones I feel a slight lip-buzzing. When I open my mouth to look at my tongue, I have the strangest lip tremor I ever saw......BFS is weeeeiiird....today I eant to cut my left hand off...my thumb padding and the area under my pinky drive me nuts again......
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby mwagner on September 12th, 2011, 1:46 pm

Matt,

I hope you feel better!! Twitching and illness... sigh. That's got to be hard. Hope you feel better, and I wish all of us would just stop twitching!

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby bobajojo on February 5th, 2014, 7:44 am

Two and a half years later and not a thing has changed.

As I laid in bed this morning, I was getting those single pops all over, every muscle. I'd say they were hitting at about 8-10 per minute. Abdomen, arms, foot, thigh, knee, tongue, neck, cheek, shoulder, bicep, tricep, elbow, forearm, hands, rib, butt, even cremaster muscle (I'll spare you the google, its a testicle twitch). This is not new to me by any means. They just rotate around my body, single pops, no muscle is spared. BFS is so messed up.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS