'leaky gut' syndrome

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

'leaky gut' syndrome

Postby Richard on August 31st, 2011, 8:49 pm

I have been reflectiing on this 'leaky gut' idea. Most traditional doctors disregard the idea. But it has a certain logic to it. So here it is:

We have good bacteria and bad bacteria in the small intestine. We take antibiotic which kills both. The body cannot process nutrients properly which causes the auto-immune system to not function 100%. With the auto-immune system turned off, cancer cells multiply.

The end result is because of all the antibiotics we take in the US, and the antibiotics in our meat, might be causing us harm. Possibly leading to increased cases of cancer in the U.S.

I know that is a stretch. But wouldn't it be interesting if the stuff we take when we are sick to decrease cold symptoms, was actually causing us harm?
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Re: 'leaky gut' syndrome

Postby mommylondon on August 31st, 2011, 9:26 pm

Well for one, we dont or shouldnt be taking anti biotics for cold symptoms or colds because colds are viruses, and anti biotics do nothing for viruses, just bacteria or infections. And I really really think if anti biotics were the cause of cancer then the docs or scientist would have already put that one together and wouldnt be dolling them out like Chiclets....then again unless its all a conspiracy to thin the herd so to speek :lol: but thats a topic for another discussion and another board as well LOL

Take care Richard...

Robynn :D
Quote: To mend the hearts of everyone that feels alone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd6BlNKCkRs
mommylondon
Saint
Saint

Postby aussie sufferer on August 31st, 2011, 11:19 pm

'secret agent man' talks a lot about leaky gut syndrome and strongly highlights it as an issue. Just do a search and you will find heaps.
cheers
Rodger
aussie sufferer
Saint
Saint

Postby chrissi on September 1st, 2011, 2:57 am

Well, the way we take antibiotics is not a good way, that's true. Scientists have to work on finding new antibiotics because people take them like sweets for every little cold they have, even if they don't work for virus anyway.
As a biologist, I'm very aware of this. I haven't taken any antibiotics for 27 years, then had to have them 4 times so far. As my digestive system is very sensitive, I always take bifido bacteria while and after taking them, so my gut has to bee OK I guess. I don't eat regular meat as I have the possibility of buying organic meat / milk/ vegetables in a commune just around the corner. Actually I don't eat really much "chemical" stuff with glutamate /coluors/ chemical conservation stuff in them, and I was brought up like that from childhood on.
So at least for me, I don't see a link between my situation and nutrition so far. But I know I have something going on with my immune system, I have lots of allergies and my body attacked the babys during pregnancy so I had lots of losses until I was treated with immune-regulating medicine and gave birth to 2 wonderful boys.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby Richard on September 1st, 2011, 5:14 am

Keep in mind that I also think there is a genetic factor. Some people seem more likely to get cancer. Others can eat, smoke, do whatever and no effect.

I went to the visitation for my neighbor last night, who died of colon cancer. I liked him very much. He was a super healthy guy who died of this dreadful condition in his 50s.

I think about what we don't know about medicine and medications and it scares me. My position is to stay away from it unless absolutely necessary.
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)