POSSIBLE NEW FINDING ON BFS!!!

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: POSSIBLE NEW FINDING ON BFS!!!

Postby MarioMangler on July 26th, 2011, 11:34 am

Bumping a really interesting old post from Arron. By the way, even though the subject says "NEW FINDING!!" keep in mind that this post was written in 2003. So it's not that new after all. However it is interesting. Maybe BFS has nothing to do with neurology after all, maybe it is all based on enzymes...
Last edited by MarioMangler on July 26th, 2011, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Re:

Postby DaisyBoo2440 on July 26th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Arron wrote: what I was getting at mainly is that BFS might not be a neurological disorder at all, which would back-up why no neuro's have any real, hard answers one way or the other, except that it is benign.

I've never had an EMG, seen a neuro only once and have had very little blood work done. When my 'buzzing' started, I assumed it was to do with my sciatic problem. However, after seeing an osteopath, I realised it wasn't. He mentioned the words fasciculation and stress, which I googled and found this site. So within a couple of weeks, I knew what I'd got wasn't neurological. When I eventually saw the neuro - he was extremely dismissive and suggested I take amytriptiline. My point is that I'd kind of assumed what this is is not neurological, but some sort of chemical imbalance somewhere in my body - a bit like schizophrenia.

I have often wondered whether it has something to do with the amount of man made chemicals that are sloshing about in our water supplies and food chain - which could maybe be linked to a liver problem :?:

DB
DaisyBoo2440
Interested
Interested

Postby johnny999 on July 29th, 2011, 6:38 pm

one of the main uses of NAC is to boost liver detox capablities (through glutathione)
johnny999
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby bfshopeful on August 2nd, 2011, 11:05 pm

I had a very similar theory and I posted about it here before. Don't you think that enzyme etc. Could be free radicals?
"It's mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."
bfshopeful
Saint
Saint

Postby waackt on August 5th, 2011, 9:53 am

In my EMG two weeks ago, the neuro said he could see my silent twitches in my calf muscle while he was probing with his EMG needle, yet nothing showed on the EMG. He just said it was because they weren't "that bad." But, as sensitive as an EMG is (I would hope) it would pick up on that kind of nerve activity, if it was nerve activity.
waackt

Postby eric77 on January 15th, 2016, 6:17 pm

ITs interesting about the liver. I have had fatty liver for a long time and didn't really take care of it because the doc didn't make too much of a deal about it. About 4 months ago after twitching for a year, I had some tests done and they wanted to check my liver enzymes and then do an ultra sounds which concluded once again that I still had fatty liver. During some of these test they discovered I had genes for hemochromatosis (iron storage disorder) so they wanted to make sure that my liver was not storing a lot of iron so they did a liver biopsy which came back as not storing a lot of iron, however they did discover that my fatty liver was really NASH (or had advanced to NASH). Nash is the more serious form of fatty liver (inflammation and infiltration) and only really can be confirmed by liver biopsy. Anyway, I wonder if there is any relevance. Thanks for Sharing.
eric77

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Support Group