wake up in the night question?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby german on July 30th, 2011, 1:52 pm

When I was a fireman we would get calls in the middle of the night pretty often. I was thinking back and remember that 4-5 years ago I would hear the tones and jump up to go on the call and for the first 2-3 minutes my body wouldn't want to cooperate with me and I was shaky with jumpy movements. I was having major anxiety back then and I wonder if that was when my nervous system was starting to get taxed due to stress. I also remember getting paresthesias all the time off and on, sometimes they would last a few minutes and sometimes hours or even off and on into the next day. Anyone experience this?

On a different note. The past 2-3 weeks my anxiety feeling has been revving up off and on. I also notice my lower back feels tired and weak and seems to make my legs sore and weak feeling. It also makes my legs and feet feel crampy. In the last 2 days I have been getting trembling in my hands and my index fingers twitch back and forth very lightly all the time. If I turn my head left or right with moderate effort and hold it my neck shakes. All these trembling feelings have me a little freaked out, even after almost 11 months. Can anyone relate?

Being a medic, we are trained that when a patients symptoms are all over the place, go back to their history and start with initial symptoms which helps line things back up and gets back to the basis of the root issue( I'm in no way insinuating I'm in the league of a doctor or neurologist, just talking about my experiences). For me, my initial symptom was severe anxiety for years before I had a single physical symptom( excluding IBS, I've had that for 11 years or so). I'm really having a hard time so I'd love to hear from you guys. Thanks
german
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics