lower jaw trembling/tremoring :-(

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

lower jaw trembling/tremoring :-(

Postby LaurentCH on June 9th, 2011, 7:09 am

dear all
i have a new symptom these days. after my thumb tremored like mad one day i experience now a sort of tremoring/trembling of my lower jaw, mainly when I use the muscle for drinking or eating. makes me rather nervous. anyone else knows this?
BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD
LaurentCH
Saint
Saint

Re: lower jaw trembling/tremoring :-(

Postby DoubleD on June 9th, 2011, 9:31 am

all the time. As a matter o fact i have it going right now. :) Our faces have lots of little muscles and it is easy to get them 'worked' up. If I talk to much or chew soemthing chewy.........i will have those issues everytime.

Try not to worry. very common with bfs. its not weakness, its bfs and fatigue.

DD
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby mommylondon on June 9th, 2011, 10:28 am

Count me in on this one as well. I have pretty much had it since all this garbage started. I agree with DD, its part of the easy muscle fatigue we get with BFS.

Take care

Robynn :D
Quote: To mend the hearts of everyone that feels alone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd6BlNKCkRs
mommylondon
Saint
Saint

Postby LaurentCH on June 9th, 2011, 1:19 pm

thanks! just hope this is not progression into something more sinister like als or parkinson. since i have been diagnosed with morbus bechterew this tuff gets worse again. also have more of the tingling in my fingertips...
BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD
LaurentCH
Saint
Saint

Postby RandyR on June 9th, 2011, 2:30 pm

Awww the fun little tremors that come a visit. This stuff used to freak me out BAD :shock: But now I just accept them as part of my new normal. I even show them off to my wife and ask her if she is jealous. :lol:

I was told my by neauro, and several people that have already posted to you that you do not notice any progression, you just wake up one day and something is not working. Bet your still chewing fine right? Anxiety is a big black beast that hides in us and tries it's best to devour us from the inside out, but it can't. It can only convince you it is. Take care friend and God Bless

Randy :)
PAX ARMIS ACQUIRITUR

But they who wait upon the lord shall
renew their strength; they shall mount up with
wings as Eagles; they shall run, and not be
weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.(ISAIAH 40:31)
RandyR
Hero
Hero

Postby johnnythejet on June 10th, 2011, 2:14 pm

5 years ago a thread like this would have left a sick feeling in my stomach. Pretty much anytime I read (past tense) a fear from a member that even REMOTELY insinuated BFS “becoming” ALS, it would set me off like no other. So I wanted to respond to this post for any newbie that might not know better…
The flu cannot “become” or “progress” into a brain tumor. By the same token, BFS cannot “progress”, “turn into” or “become” ALS. Please do not let your anxiety trick you into believing a lie.

PS - Yeah I get tremors too.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby RandyR on June 10th, 2011, 4:28 pm

johnnythejet wrote:5 years ago a thread like this would have left a sick feeling in my stomach. Pretty much anytime I read (past tense) a fear from a member that even REMOTELY insinuated BFS “becoming” ALS, it would set me off like no other. So I wanted to respond to this post for any newbie that might not know better…
The flu cannot “become” or “progress” into a brain tumor. By the same token, BFS cannot “progress”, “turn into” or “become” ALS. Please do not let your anxiety trick you into believing a lie.

PS - Yeah I get tremors too.

Thats what I was trying to say Johnny, maybe I worded it wrong....

Good post.... :D
PAX ARMIS ACQUIRITUR

RandyR
Hero
Hero

Postby johnnythejet on June 10th, 2011, 6:47 pm

Oh, sorry Randy. I didn't mean to do that. Perhaps I need to read more closely next time. You were on top of it! :P
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby RandyR on June 10th, 2011, 8:41 pm

johnnythejet wrote:Oh, sorry Randy. I didn't mean to do that. Perhaps I need to read more closely next time. You were on top of it! :P

No appology needed at all Johnny. :D I just thought that I might have worded my post all wrong or something, I did not wan't to freak out anybody. I hate when I read posts where people list symptoms to other desises, and the word progression is a little scary too.... :shock:

Tremors are a problem many people have to deal with, My mom has them bad and she does not have any bfs going on. I think they are from the constant anxiety we all carry around with us, mine get reduced big time with exersize. But don't freak out the first time you do, because my tremors was so bad I almost started crying.

I had to have an FCE test done a few months ago for work, and when I squezzed the hand strength test devise my hand's tremored like crazy, :shock: <-------This was the look on the pt's face. I told him about my BFS and laughed about it. I had above average strenth in my left hand and normal in my right so all was good.
PAX ARMIS ACQUIRITUR

RandyR
Hero
Hero

Postby johnnythejet on June 10th, 2011, 10:08 pm

RandyR wrote: I just thought that I might have worded my post all wrong or something, I did not wan't to freak out anybody.

Oh no, your post didn't read that way at all. I was referring to Laurent's earlier post. I was afraid someone might be misled.

Tremors also run in my family. My mom and brother have them, as well as my uncle. Annoying yes, but harmless. Exercise does help, yes as well as reducing caffeine and stress in general. That was a biggy for me.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby LuckyAdam on June 11th, 2011, 8:24 am

My jaw and face have trembled from the beginning with this stuff. I am 6 months into BFS right now. The jaw shaking, tongue shaking, and face trembling when I make a half smile, etc. does worry me. I worry that the shaking is coming from weak muscles straining to hold a certain position/expression.
When I put my teeth together I can feel them shaking and scratching against each other as my jaw muscles tremble....it worries me as well, but I hope it's just part of this whole bfs thing.
My most obvious symptom though is still the 24/7 100+ a minute twitches in my calves and feet.....
LuckyAdam

Postby RandyR on June 11th, 2011, 11:32 am

LuckyAdam wrote:My jaw and face have trembled from the beginning with this stuff. I am 6 months into BFS right now. The jaw shaking, tongue shaking, and face trembling when I make a half smile, etc. does worry me. I worry that the shaking is coming from weak muscles straining to hold a certain position/expression.
When I put my teeth together I can feel them shaking and scratching against each other as my jaw muscles tremble....it worries me as well, but I hope it's just part of this whole bfs thing.
My most obvious symptom though is still the 24/7 100+ a minute twitches in my calves and feet.....

Read above, theres a bunch of us with tremors and it was the one symptom that freaked me out the most! But there just tremors from fatigued muscles and not clinicly weak muscles. Adrenelin from the anxiety fuels them and makes them ten times worse. The teeth thing I had before the BFS, I think everybody has that. :)

Don't waste your time worring about it like I did, it makes things worse. Just accept it and move along, it will fade to back ground noise before you know it.... :D
PAX ARMIS ACQUIRITUR

RandyR
Hero
Hero

Postby tatsu15 on June 29th, 2011, 2:11 am

I have this on and off... not so much these days but during the whole twitching crisis, I notice when I blow bubbles or drink hot soup that my jaw trembles or felt weak. I do have a medium case of TMJ and I figure that's what was causing it, BUT years ago I got into a heated argument with a friend and I notice my jaw would quiver after as I was trying to drink my coffee.
tatsu15
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS