Maybe there is a purpose to all this?

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Maybe there is a purpose to all this?

Postby Richard on July 5th, 2010, 6:56 pm

Have you ever considered we are put on this Earth with these weird afflications to maybe teach us something?

Seriously, maybe I am suppose to have this affliction to open my eyes to something else.

Maybe this is my Cross to Bear?

-Richard
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Re: Maybe there is a purpose to all this?

Postby MarioMangler on July 12th, 2010, 5:33 pm

Absolutely. It's a wake up call to appreciate what you have in life. And to stop living such a hectic, stress-filled selfish existence. BFS will almost always make you a better person in the long run. You just have to appreciate it for what it is. Your body is telling you to slow down and to enjoy the scenery you are seeing along the way.

In the big picture, BFS is really sort of a blessing for most people. It tends to make you start eating healthier, exercising more, and spending more time doing things that you love to do. It also makes you a lot more empathetic and compassionate to others, because lord knows we all go crazy (or come close to it) the first few months. Once you've gone that far over the edge and come back, you can't help but be more empathetic and understanding of what other people go through in their lives. Stuff like that can only make you a better person in the long run.

This is something that Basso and many of the old timers used to preach around here, and I never really understood it until recently. BFS isn't a disease or a curse. It's not a cross to bear. It is a gift. You will be a much better person in the long run, you just have to learn to accept it.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby aussie sufferer on July 12th, 2010, 6:59 pm

Mario, again I agree with your thoughts. Excellent post. Very positive and thought provoking
good job....
cheers
Rodger
aussie sufferer
Saint
Saint

Postby virginiasteve on July 12th, 2010, 8:53 pm

I still fell like I am bearing the dam cross :lol: ...I guess I need to work on turning the corner...just a little...
virginiasteve

Postby RobbieBfs on July 13th, 2010, 8:47 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by RobbieBfs on October 28th, 2010, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobbieBfs
Hero
Hero

Postby SecretAgentMan on July 13th, 2010, 10:28 pm

I can respect that. My experience with BFS has certainly changed my perspective on life. I'm in the midst of a recovery, but I still have many issues to deal with because of this experience. I find myself constantly drawn back to this forum to try to help anyone out there who may experiencing their twitching for the same reasons I did so I can help point them in the direction of a potential solution, as someone once did for me. The old me would not be spending time on forums unless it was in pursuit of a good deal on some used Jeep parts or asking about a vehicle diagnosis or repair. I certainly would be on a much more unhealthy diet too. My priorities in life have also shifted from making more money to valuing family and friends more. Its strange. But I also have to agree, it does feel like bearing a cross sometimes. :)
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby AppleTwitches on February 2nd, 2011, 7:55 am

Well healthwise I am going all out , also am exercising more and I am also appreciating what I do have like two working legs and arms
does twitching burn calories?
AppleTwitches

Postby allmylove16 on February 2nd, 2011, 9:25 am

I have struggled with this same thought that this was my wake-up call. Before I was running 100mph in a thousand different directions trying to be the perfect mom, the perfect wife, having a spotless house, etc. and this totally stopped me dead in my tracks. In the first few weeks I felt that I was being punished for being so selfish. I have had few struggles in my life and haven't appreciated all the good that has come my way. My sister even said to me that take it as a sign that you are still here for a reason you just need to do what ever it is at a slower pace now. It really makes you appreciate the little things ( I know that is so cliche) but it is true.
"There for do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
My counselor suggested this passage and it helps to focus on today and not worry about the "what ifs" that haunt so many of us newbies.
allmylove16

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)