My biggest regret in my life

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My biggest regret in my life

Postby Richard on August 31st, 2010, 7:16 am

My biggest regret in my life is that I did not enjoy my 20s more. I was young and healthy. I had (and have) a hot wife.

We should have gone out more, danced, traveled, attended events.

Instead I was busy working and saving our money for 'the future'.

If you are young and read this post, don't make my same mistake. Life is really, really short.

-Richard
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Re: My biggest regret in my life

Postby highpriority4 on August 31st, 2010, 11:29 am

Nice Richard!!

I agree...money isn't everything. Put your worrieds in God's hands (for those who don't believe, I'm not trying to offend anyone, I do happen to believe however :D ) and enjoy what has been GIVEN to you, not what you can earn!

*hugs*
~*~Amy~*~
Aint no, rhyme or reason, no complicated meanin'
Aint no, need to overthink it, let go laughin'
Life dont go, quite like we planned it, we try so hard to understand it
Irrefutable, indisputable, absoluteable, totally beautiful fact is, Psssh
It happens...
highpriority4
Saint
Saint

Postby ImOK on August 31st, 2010, 7:16 pm

RIchard! Life is not that short - stop saying that. Are you trying to make us believe you are like 85 or something?
No regrets! Regrets cause stress - stress causes - well, you know....
Now is the time you have so enjoy - go and do all the things you mentioned. The when you look back in 10 years you won't be saying "...really regret that in 2010 we didn't do the things we wanted and just took the time to enjoy what we had..."
ImOK
Saint
Saint

Postby RunningBear on August 31st, 2010, 8:45 pm

I share your regret to some extent. You only go around once, and its NEVER TOO LATE to do the things you want to do with you. Perhaps you have some catching up to do . . . Take your hot wife and go on a cruise, go skydiving, go skinny dipping at a remote hot springs or mountain lake, stay up all night in Las Vegas and laugh in the face of the bouncer that deems you too old to be on their club's A list. Eat a feast. Have a bottle of Dom Perignon. Reconnect with a lost friend or love. Leave a 100$ bill for the waiter or waitress. Do something extremely nice for your neighbor. Never forget those less fortunate or those stricken by the disease you once feared. Its never too late. :D
RunningBear
Hero
Hero

Postby raindog on September 6th, 2010, 3:52 am

raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on September 6th, 2010, 3:56 am

raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby ImOK on September 6th, 2010, 10:33 am

LOL Moooove otta there you tipsy cow. Maybe you read the article on how they're putting wine in cow feed because it's good for the meat and one article said the ranchers noticed the cows are mooing more, talking amongst themselves? Here's one with rather sullen looking cows - maybe they haven't had their liter yet today.
http://durangoherald.com/sections/News/ ... heir_feed/

Living life fully, yes, what are we waiting for? For bfs to go away? For it to be easier to do nothing new rather than the same old thing? Any of us that is, not just Richard. Being in the past will not get you anywhere - perhaps considering the past is a good thing though (as in learning from past mistakes).
ImOK
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on September 14th, 2010, 8:12 am

I wish I'd baked more pies. I know I should get over it, but it really bums me out. I was young, apple-cheeked, and I invested too much time eating sub-standard pies at the local diner...sticks in my throat like a craw now. I watched my mom well, and so I knew how to create that flaky pie crust that melts...And filling? Only fresh, only cut up that day, and then mixed lovingly with both brown and white sugar. If glucose had shown up at the door we'd have put a cap in his ass. (a moment of reverie here) Then I started hanging around with Lenard, or Lenin, as we sometimes called the little dictator. He was all about the goll darn diner. Pretty soon it was diner this, diner that...."let's hang out at the diner where the chicks are." So, we sat at the filthy diner, drinking watery shakes and pies that came straight from a can. It was disgusting, but I couldn't break away. I knew the diner life would lead to trouble, but at the same time it was intoxicating with it's cheap laughter and easy chatter. I ate 'em all. Apple (tasted like sweetened sewer sludge), cherry (tasted more like congealed cough syrup), meringue (looked great, had the texture of styrofoam), and pecan (a world of fake sweet filled with stale nuts). All of it junk, all of it acid inducing, all of it a bloody waste of my youth. I know I can't, but I just wish to hell I could go back, I just wish that someone had told me that the world isn't paved with freshly home-cooked pies...that's all.

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on September 25th, 2010, 6:21 pm

Shoot, the regret thing has been hitting me hard lately and now I have another HUGE regret...I never learned how to do the Robot. I'd promised myself that I would become the best robot dancer in the world, but now it's pretty much out of fashion. So, I'd get to put another anachronism in my bag of useless tricks. :( Shoot!

Basso

PS: No, apparently I have nothing better to do on Saturday night. I would get drunk, but that would require me getting off the comfy couch and going to fridge to start on a beer. Plus, my stuffed animals are in the room, and I hate how they judge me. :x
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby runnergirl3972 on September 25th, 2010, 7:20 pm

basso wrote:PS: No, apparently I have nothing better to do on Saturday night. I would get drunk, but that would require me getting off the comfy couch and going to fridge to start on a beer. Plus, my stuffed animals are in the room, and I hate how they judge me. :x

Don't underestimate getting off the couch and getting that drink....it has made my Saturday night just fine. And I think you should totally start taking a class asap to do those pies you regret baking.
runnergirl3972

Postby AppleTwitches on February 2nd, 2011, 7:53 am

leaving the army recruit training, at the time I was 20 years old and still even though I joined the army technically quite late most join at 16, I let the other recruits who were younger dampen my spirit telling me I was way to old even though in hindsight I really was not and I did not have BFS then lol, really letting make me believe that I would never get fit enough the fact that I was a girl and fat and 'old' really did not help added to the fact that even at that great age of 20 I still had self esteem issues never quite beleive my self, deep down I still want to go back but at 27 and weighing 240lbs that is not going to happen added to the fact I have BFS now.

My message to youngerster even oldsters never even let other people tell you cannot do some thing do not listen to them, think about yourself and be a lil selfish in your desire to acheive your goal
does twitching burn calories?
AppleTwitches

Postby johnny999 on March 5th, 2011, 11:56 pm

We should have gone out more, danced, traveled, attended events.

Instead I was busy working and saving our money for 'the future'.

If you are young and read this post, don't make my same mistake. Life is really, really short.

Would you have changed your career if you could reboot ?

I'm planning on going into a low-paying, but very fulfilling career path.

johnny999
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)