Do not be sad-The fundamentals of happiness

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Do not be sad-The fundamentals of happiness

Postby bailyloves on November 4th, 2010, 6:54 am

Hello everybody.I think this off-topic conversation post will help us all who mostly suffer from anxiety/sadness/depression[may not b true for all] along with bfs part.Here r the some points to manage anxiety/depression.1-Know that if u do not live within the scope of today,your thoughts will b scattered,your affairs will become confused,and your worrying will increase-these realities explain 'when u r in the morning,do not expect to c the evening,and when u r in the evening, do not expect to c the morning'.2-Forget the bad memories of past.3-Do not b preoccupied with the future.Becoz the future is in the world of the unseen,do not let it bother u until it comes.I think this very important.4-Do not b shaken by criticism;instead b firm.And know that,in proportion to ur worth,the level of people's critisism rises.5-Faith in GOD and do good deeds;these r the ingredients that make up a good and happy life.6-whoever desires peace,tranquility and comfort can find it all in the remembrance of GOD.7-U should know with certanity that everything that happens,occurs in accordance with a divine decree.8-DO not expect gratitude from anyone.9-Train yourself to b ready and prepared for the worst eventualities.10- Perhaps what has happened is in your best interest[though u may not comprehend how that is so].11-Enumerate the blessings of GOD and b thankful for them.12-You r better off than many others -see the persons who r in bad condition than u.12-Calamities should strengthen ur heart and reshape your outlook in a positive sense.13-Indeed,with each difficulty thereis relief.14-Do not let trifles b the cause of your distruction.14-Do not b angry,do not b angry,do not b angry .15-Life is bread,water and shade;so do not b perturbed by lack of any other material things.16-Most evil that is supposed happen NEVER OCCURS.17-When GOD loves a people ,he makes them endure trials.18-Work hard at something that is productive,and cast off idleness.19-Dont spread rumors and dont listen them.If u hear a rumor inadvertently,then dont believe it.20-Lastly, the hardship that befall you atone for your sins.These points helped me alot personally fighting myself against bfs trouble and associated fears.Equally this board and you all nice[always reassuring] people in this forum have also played an imp role in my life during initial stages of fears.Theres one book named DONT B SAD written by mr.Aaidh al-Qarni which is an exellent book i ever read.Most of the citations r taken from it. I think this shall b a very useful thread for all bfs sufferers.stopping now coz its becoming a long post. Takecare everyone...REGARDS,,,,,,,,Baily.
bailyloves
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Do not be sad-The fundamentals of happiness

Postby wjjw on November 4th, 2010, 12:05 pm

21. Know the difference between happiness and Joy. Happiness and sadness are human emotions, that can come and go with the wind. Joy is a timeless, enduring, divine force that can be experienced when living in harmony with the Will of ones own soul.
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby dARR on November 4th, 2010, 2:57 pm

Thanks for this post Baily its really quite thought provoking and I enjoyed reading it.
He who fights with Monsters might take care lest he thereby become a Monster and if you gaze long into the Abyss the Abyss also gazes into you. Fredrich Nietzche, Beyond Good and Evil
dARR
Hero
Hero

Postby mommylondon on November 4th, 2010, 5:42 pm

I just wanted to say thank you as well baily, it is a good one and YES very thought provoking.
Quote: To mend the hearts of everyone that feels alone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd6BlNKCkRs
mommylondon
Saint
Saint

Postby bailyloves on November 5th, 2010, 5:44 am

A man said 'i cried as I HAD NO SHOES but i stopped crying when i saw A MAN WITH NO LEGS'.Life is full of blessings sometimes v dont understand it.I forgot yesterday to mention it.Thanx a lot Robynn[mommylondon] and DaRR for appreciating the post.I sincerely felt good after reading that u liked my post.Have a nice day ,take care all,............................baily.
bailyloves
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby tym2chill on November 8th, 2010, 7:26 pm

Baily
may i copy your post and use it for affirmations- you said alot in a very thought provoking way- which is exactly what i needed
thank you for the great post
David
Live by the knights code:
Truth
Honor
Justice
Valor
ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL
tym2chill
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby bailyloves on November 9th, 2010, 6:04 am

Thanx Tym2chill for appreciating my thoughts in the post.I felt very happy that u liked it and ya u can ofcourse copy and use it.Bye n takecare...baily
bailyloves
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Capital H on November 24th, 2010, 7:48 pm

Its Winter I have a right to be sad, but I am looking forward to some snow, that can be fun.
Capital H
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)