Good news from an old timer (sort of)

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Good news from an old timer (sort of)

Postby AndyTwitchalot on October 28th, 2010, 12:47 pm

The "sort of" in this thread title refers to the phrase "old timer" not the good news part. I'm only 28 so that's not usually a phrase I associate myself with, but I was here a lot a few years back. Some of you may remember me... health wise I'm doing okay, still twitching like crazy, still have some other health issues, but I'm proof that it can be worse than BFS, and still not be as bad as ALS...there is a neurological spectrum in between, and things like this rarely get a definite diagnosis. They just are, and you learn to live with it and move on as best you can.

ANYWAYS, I'm not here for that. I wanted to share some news with my friends on here:

1) I'm gettin frickin married! Around 2008 I met this smart, hilarious and ridiculously gorgeous gal. We have a lot in common; we're both musicians, history nerds, and cancer survivors. When we met we both were in other long-term relationships, so we were just friends for a while. My ex and I broke up, she split with the jerk she was with, and we got together. I hesitate to say things are "perfect," but the outlook that we both have on life makes things seem that way most of the time. I popped the question this summer and we're getting married in June. Boo ya.

2) I finally released my album! For those of you who were here a few years ago, you know this has been a long time coming. I was signed to a label in Minneapolis, but they fell apart and my CD went into limbo. I fought them legally to get the rights to the recordings, and now it's finally available. I had my EP release party a few weeks ago and we sold out a club in Boston. It's hip hop music, but even if you don't usually consider yourself a rap fan, I would love it if you gave it a listen.

iTunes link: : http://tinyurl.com/2frxdmz

Amazon link: http://tinyurl.com/2ekpktj

That's all for now. I hope all you guys are doing as well as possible in the twitchy world we live in together.

Special shout out to Basso, who gave me some advice on both of the things mentioned above, and on life philosophy in general. Boink and make music is a fine way to live.
AndyTwitchalot
Hero
Hero

Re: Good news from an old timer (sort of)

Postby twin2 on October 28th, 2010, 7:31 pm

Didn't listen to your music yet, but I have to congratulate you on all 3 points--your engagement, your album, and your health! Thanks for checking in.
twin2
Saint
Saint

Postby ImOK on October 29th, 2010, 10:06 pm

Congrats, congrats, & congrats!
ImOK
Saint
Saint

Postby Chiefgriz on October 30th, 2010, 7:48 am

My calves were twitching in unison with "Breath to Breathe". Not a big rap fan but the songs had a good beat. Congrats.
Thats my story and I'm twitching to it....
Chiefgriz
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)