Maybe our attitude is wrong. It is amazing the body works!

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Maybe our attitude is wrong. It is amazing the body works!

Postby Richard on July 28th, 2010, 12:08 pm

I periodically reflect on how complicated the world is, how complicated the body is.

There is a whole lot of stuff that can go wrong. A whole lot of germs, diseases. Then there is all the stuff we do to mess up our bodies: not eating right, not getting enough sleep, worrying about stuff, being over-weight, etc.

It amazes me that the body works as well as it does.

I amazed that at 41 I am not in worse shape :roll:

All things considered, I still wish this would go away.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Re: Maybe our attitude is wrong. It is amazing the body works!

Postby aussie sufferer on July 28th, 2010, 9:17 pm

It is amazing how an attitude change WILL make a lot of this stuff 'go away' :wink:
cheers
Rodger
aussie sufferer
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on August 1st, 2010, 7:29 pm

aussie sufferer wrote:It is amazing how an attitude change WILL make a lot of this stuff 'go away' :wink:
cheers
Rodger

The I could impact the severity of my symptoms by using self meditation techniques and natural herbal supplements that were nerve calming, so mental state does play a role. I could never make it go away for good though. My calm state of mind was always over run with anxiety when the herb wore of or when my meditation session was over. The anxiety I experienced was a genuine symptom of the condition I had developed, as you can see here: http://sites.google.com/site/jccglutenfree/depression,anxiety,panic

Don't get me wrong I'm a believer in mind over matter, but in this case there truly was a medical condition that needed to be addressed. This may be the case for others here as well.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Richard on August 1st, 2010, 10:11 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:
aussie sufferer wrote:It is amazing how an attitude change WILL make a lot of this stuff 'go away' :wink:
cheers
Rodger

The I could impact the severity of my symptoms by using self meditation techniques and natural herbal supplements that were nerve calming, so mental state does play a role. I could never make it go away for good though. My calm state of mind was always over run with anxiety when the herb wore of or when my meditation session was over. The anxiety I experienced was a genuine symptom of the condition I had developed, as you can see here: http://sites.google.com/site/jccglutenfree/depression,anxiety,panic

Don't get me wrong I'm a believer in mind over matter, but in this case there truly was a medical condition that needed to be addressed. This may be the case for others here as well.

I am going to get around to trying this gluten thing of yours. Just haven't had a chance yet. After all Chelsea Clinton believes it it...

I just hope I don't have to give up Diet Coke. Everything else, I can probably live with.... well err... Chocolate covered pretzels. 8)
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on August 1st, 2010, 10:17 pm

Richard wrote:I am going to get around to trying this gluten thing of yours. Just haven't had a chance yet. After all Chelsea Clinton believes it it...

I just hope I don't have to give up Diet Coke. Everything else, I can probably live with.... well err... Chocolate covered pretzels. 8)

If Chelsea Clinton believes in it, that would put her up a notch in my book. She'd be at notch number 1...
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Richard on August 2nd, 2010, 6:36 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:
Richard wrote:I am going to get around to trying this gluten thing of yours. Just haven't had a chance yet. After all Chelsea Clinton believes it it...

If Chelsea Clinton believes in it, that would put her up a notch in my book. She'd be at notch number 1...

That would put her ahead of Bill (at least in my book).
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on August 2nd, 2010, 9:35 pm

Indeed! :D
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)